Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 11:22:47 AM EDT
I am looking to build a synthetic setup but want my barrel free floated?  Who makes these stocks?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am looking to build a synthetic setup but want my barrel free floated?  Who makes these stocks?

With the 10/22 you want the action to be free floated. bed the barrel into the stock.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
With the 10/22 you want the action to be free floated. bed the barrel into the stock.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you hear that?  Could you please provide a little more detailed information as to why you float the action and not the barrel?

I have a B&C stock on my 10/22 and the stock fits so tight to the action that it would be impossible to float it without major modificaitons.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#3]
The concern with many of the barrels on the market that get free-floated is the weight.  The bull barrels are rather heavy and are supported by an aluminum receiver.  There is a school of theory that says it would be better to keep the barrel solidly supported and take the stress off the receiver by no longer using it as the attachment point to the stock.

Woody
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Some good stuff here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top