Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2015 2:12:47 PM EDT
I'm looking to build a 7.62 suppressor based on the $100.00 suppressor design that's been posted here and on other gun boards. This will be my first suppressor and it's primarily going to be used on my 5.56 AR. Because this would be used on multiple rifles, I was hoping to install a quick detach end cap. Does anyone know if I can purchase a quick detach end cap that would work with the tubes from SD Tactical?

I like the Gemtech quick detach muzzle break devices, but didn't see that a corresponding end cap was available for individual purchase. Looking at some end caps made by suppressor manufacturers, it also appears that some end caps are made for externally threaded tubes as opposed to the internally threaded tubes like the ones at SD Tactical.

Can anyone point me to a source for either a quick detach end cap for the internally threaded tube, or a source for an quick detach cap with a corresponding tube? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#2]
In the $250+ suppressor thread there are a few endcaps made by a machinist a bunch of people have used. It looks like one is a D sized for rifles and smaller one that may be for a C sized tube, not sure where the actual muzzle devices come from though. I haven't made it all the way through that thread yet.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

His use the Griffin mounts. Can't remember if he's also making muzzle devices, and if so whether they're compatible with Griffin or not.

He also makes YHM adapters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the $250+ suppressor thread there are a few endcaps made by a machinist a bunch of people have used. It looks like one is a D sized for rifles and smaller one that may be for a C sized tube, not sure where the actual muzzle devices come from though. I haven't made it all the way through that thread yet.

His use the Griffin mounts. Can't remember if he's also making muzzle devices, and if so whether they're compatible with Griffin or not.

He also makes YHM adapters.

Hah, the end caps I was talking about are the ones you posted Waylon, I should have figured it was you. What mounts do those two smaller end caps use?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The two non YHM end caps are direct thread mounts.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The two non YHM end caps are direct thread mounts.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I'm having trouble with the smaller machined caps that look like they are for pistol caliber mounts. What are those for? I've googled around and can't seem to find the mounts.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The smaller ones in my pic? There are four YHM adapters, one 5/8-24 and one 1/2-28. Those are the two direct thread that Engineer mentioned. They're not pistol cans, and don't use a muzzle device...they screw directly onto the barrel.

They're the most readily available adapters on the market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm having trouble with the smaller machined caps that look like they are for pistol caliber mounts. What are those for? I've googled around and can't seem to find the mounts.

The smaller ones in my pic? There are four YHM adapters, one 5/8-24 and one 1/2-28. Those are the two direct thread that Engineer mentioned. They're not pistol cans, and don't use a muzzle device...they screw directly onto the barrel.

They're the most readily available adapters on the market.

Maybe is the perspective of the photo but the three end caps on the left are three different sizes right? Or is that an optical illusion?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#9]
It's perspective because they are farther from the camera lens. The pieces at the top of the pic are taller.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's perspective because they are farther from the camera lens.
View Quote

Thank goodness. I thought I was going nuts.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:20:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:51:35 PM EDT
[#12]
SDTA has their own QD system.  Diversified Machine has produced several different types for their own tubes or the maglite 1-7/16-24tpi that SDTA and Apogee use.  In AL, SS, Ti for the Griffin QD, YHM QD, Bowers Multi-mount, and Griffin 3-Lug systems.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#13]
SD Tactical now makes a four prong flash hider that works with their endcap for their muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:52:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
SD Tactical now makes a four prong flash hider that works with their endcap for their muzzle brake.
View Quote

Price? I'm on a phone
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Price? I'm on a phone
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Price? I'm on a phone

looks like $58.99
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top