Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2008 7:19:03 PM EDT
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Ed Montana at Homeland Defense and Police Supply. You'll have your reciever back in about a week. Best way to contact him is by email. I had mty reciever back before I even paid.
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ed Montana at Homeland Defense and Police Supply. You'll have your reciever back in about a week. Best way to contact him is by email. I had mty reciever back before I even paid.

+1  I used Ed for my SBS and it was very fast and done perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 3:07:53 AM EDT
[#3]
great thanks!

Link Posted: 1/18/2008 3:25:19 AM EDT
[#4]
My local jewelry shop....
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I used HDPS.org for my PS90 engraving. Had it back within a week. I still need to send my TP9 off to them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#6]
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=244&t=155811

My fat ass is on page 2 with the Walther.

I have not seen better, faster, or friendlier sevice.

Talk to Jon or none at all.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 4:43:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone have any pics of your AR lowers engraved by HDPS? More exactly, the right side of the mag well.

I'm considering using them to engrave my lower because they do not require the lower to be stripped for them to work on.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

is jon's engraving within the atf's regs?

(minimum depth of .003 inch and in a print size no smaller
than 1/16 inch)

ap
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:08:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

is jon's engraving within the atf's regs?

(minimum depth of .003 inch and in a print size no smaller
than 1/16 inch)

ap

Yes.

He actually brings the machine to the gunshows. You can have it done right there.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yes.

He actually brings the machine to the gunshows. You can have it done right there.

you sure about that, i tok this from jon's faq:

Is the image permanent?
To be perfectly clear, this is laser engraving. The image is burned onto the material with a laser beam of light. There is no paint, decal or any other such material used. The image is permanent. Once engraved it will NOT rub or wear off. To remove the image you would have to blast off the surrounding anodizing to make the entire area "blank" or grind it off with a disc grinder, much like the factory roll marked serial numbers.

Can I get the image "color filled" to some other color other than the white that I see in the pictures?
The image is not recessed into the metal like the factory roll marks. For lack of better more scientific explanation, the anodizing is burned off and or bleached white. There is nothing (no grove or depression in the metal) to "fill in" with color. Much like bleach being spilled on your blue jeans, you only get white as a result. The laser can be adjusted for both speed and beam intensity and with some luck and practice a "subdued" coloring of black or light grey can be obtained. This is very much a trial and error technique and no guarantees of exact shading can be given when attempting this technique.

ap
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes.

you sure about that, i tok this from jon's faq:

Is the image permanent?
To be perfectly clear, this is laser engraving. The image is burned onto the material with a laser beam of light. There is no paint, decal or any other such material used. The image is permanent. Once engraved it will NOT rub or wear off. To remove the image you would have to blast off the surrounding anodizing to make the entire area "blank" or grind it off with a disc grinder, much like the factory roll marked serial numbers.

Can I get the image "color filled" to some other color other than the white that I see in the pictures?
The image is not recessed into the metal like the factory roll marks. For lack of better more scientific explanation, the anodizing is burned off and or bleached white. There is nothing (no grove or depression in the metal) to "fill in" with color. Much like bleach being spilled on your blue jeans, you only get white as a result. The laser can be adjusted for both speed and beam intensity and with some luck and practice a "subdued" coloring of black or light grey can be obtained. This is very much a trial and error technique and no guarantees of exact shading can be given when attempting this technique.

ap

try calling emailing Jon..

I can tell you that .003 is very very little, I can feel my image with my finger nail. Is it .003 IDNK..
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's what i got from jon:

"As for the AFT engravings for an SBR: the requirement is .03 deep. Our laser will not burn that deep so the markings would not meet the depth requirement. That said, Gemtech, Tactical Innovations, Tactical Solutions, YHM and several other manufactures use the exact same method to identify sound suppressors which fall under the same requirement. This does not make it blanketly OK to do but if they are doing it without problem, one would think that it would likely be OK for an individual who is likely never to have his stuff looked at anyway to do the same. Your call. I can do it if you like or not. I just want you to understand that we are NOT representing that this will completely fulfill all the details of the exact legal requirement. "
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#13]
i was hoping to get one done at the next show but orion it is then

thanks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
i was hoping to get one done at the next show but orion it is then

thanks.

Probably a good choice. I really wanted to send it to anvil arms. But plain and simple, from the horse's mouth, it's not legal.

I'm not willing to risk it. Too much to put on the line over saving a buck.
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 1:47:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Here's what i got from jon:

"As for the AFT engravings for an SBR: the requirement is .03 deep. Our laser will not burn that deep so the markings would not meet the depth requirement. That said, Gemtech, Tactical Innovations, Tactical Solutions, YHM and several other manufactures use the exact same method to identify sound suppressors which fall under the same requirement. This does not make it blanketly OK to do but if they are doing it without problem, one would think that it would likely be OK for an individual who is likely never to have his stuff looked at anyway to do the same. Your call. I can do it if you like or not. I just want you to understand that we are NOT representing that this will completely fulfill all the details of the exact legal requirement. "

Thanks for the above info.
It looks like I will be going with Orion for my engraving work on my SBR project.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top