Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2007 6:46:26 AM EDT
How do you like it? Does it Work well? Worth the price tag?

Thanks,
Carter.
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 7:00:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I have it on my 870 tactical. I love it and it does work. The foreend will want to jump significantly more so hold it good. It came on the 870, but I will say they are worth it!
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 7:15:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I am thinking of trying on out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 7:18:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Which one are you guys talking about? The SPECops or the COPstock. I saw on their site that they had a COPstock that had a rubber butt pad on it and the called it the "Folding SPECops Stock". That one looked very interesting..
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I was skeptical myself on the Knoxx systems but bought a CompStock to use and it really does reduce recoil. It did such a good job my friend bought the CopStock and we shot it one handed....damn that was fun. Esp with magnum loads. Another friend got the SpecOps one and he loves it...just gotta adjust your shooting style a bit cause the stock actually moves to absorb recoil. Most people shoot it like a regular shotgun and get face slapped but if you adjust your shooting style then no problem. Hope that helps. One more thing...these were installed on a Mossberg and two Remington 870s

ESQ
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the spec ops, Its different to have a pistol grip stock on a shottie. but after having it I like it alot, I am thinking about converting over another of my 870s with a pisol grip stock, but money is else where. As for it working, feeling really is believing. As most anyone who has one will say.

Here is mine:
http://home.comcast.net/~utspoolup/Spoolup_s_Shotty1.jpg
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 12:35:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one. I like it.

EDIT: Look for used ones on fleaBay. I got mine for $80. Made me take it over a speedfeed (since it's pretty much the same price)
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was skeptical myself on the Knoxx systems but bought a CompStock to use and it really does reduce recoil. It did such a good job my friend bought the CopStock and we shot it one handed....damn that was fun. Esp with magnum loads. Another friend got the SpecOps one and he loves it...just gotta adjust your shooting style a bit cause the stock actually moves to absorb recoil. Most people shoot it like a regular shotgun and get face slapped but if you adjust your shooting style then no problem. Hope that helps. One more thing...these were installed on a Mossberg and two Remington 870s

ESQ

Thanks guys! If there are anyothers out there that have tried one of these please tell me your opinion!

Thats what I would be getting the stock for, a Mossy 500.
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

ESQ

Shoot it like a regular shotgun as in holding it with a cheek weld?  How should you hold it so as to not get a face slap?

I've ben thinking about getting the spec ops stock, but just recently heard about the face slap thing.
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Alot of people experment and found that if you do feel discomfort or a sore jaw from the spec op, to extend the buttstock one more position and try that out (obviously a few days later since the soreness will stick around). I have never had any discomort with mine after a few hundred rounds in agiven day. But everyones results will vary.
Link Posted: 7/26/2007 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the specops on an 870 and the recoil to my shoulder isn't too bad, it's just feels like I'm getting punched right on the cheek bone everytime I shoot.  I guess I could not weld my cheek to the stock, but I'm not sure how you aim like that?  I'm gonna try out a peel and stick stock comb recoil pad next week and see if it helps out any.  If not, I'm getting rid of it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Cop Stock on an 870. I love the idea and look of folding stocks, and have them on most of my rifles. That said, the cop stock can be abbusive to you if you like to shoot with a tight cheek weld. I can't figure out how, but it actually split my friends lip when he tried shooting it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I have both of these stocks.  The CopStock came on my 870, which I bought used.  I liked that it folded out of the way so easily, and for the price of the shotgun it was worth being on there, but in the end I bought a SpecOps stock, mostly because of being accustomed to the AR's collapsable stock.  I'm going to be putting a side saddle on the 870 at some point, and that wouldn't have been possible with the CopStock, that would have rendered the folding function pointless.  Also the folding seemed to make the possibility of using a sling very tricky.

They both do reduce recoil and I don't remember getting a sore jaw from them, but my experience with shotguns is minimal so maybe I didn't learn whatever technique that causes the problems for others.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Thanks guys! If there are anyothers out there that have tried one of these please tell me your opinion!

Thats what I would be getting the stock for, a Mossy 500.

I have a SpecOPs on my Mossberg 500, very good stock.  The only nit is it is much more difficult to press the slide lock release button.  But given all the benefits it is worth it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Shoot it like a regular shotgun as in holding it with a cheek weld?  How should you hold it so as to not get a face slap?

I've ben thinking about getting the spec ops stock, but just recently heard about the face slap thing.

Been to 3 tactical competitions already no face slap.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Call me old school, and remember this is just my opinion.

I don't care for any of the Knox stocks. I don't like the idea of the reciever or my right hand coming back toward my face on recoil. I also don't care for the odd "push" you feel on recoil that the Knox stocks generates.  I have a full beard, and when the two stocks compress on recoil it rips out my facial hair. I learned to shoot a shotgun 25 years ago, and with proper technique slugs and heavy 00 shot doesn't bother me. Like I said, call me old school.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I've heard people saying that a limbsaver or equal recoil pad works just as well, if not better than the Knoxx stuff, any truth to it, that you guys can tell?
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 8:22:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I bought one of the folders when they first came out.  They reduce recoil enough I felt if I ever built an AOW I would use their stock minus the folder.  well, they had the same idea and now prodcue the grip as a stand alone product.

I use mine on what I call my light weight 870.  18 barrel, standard mag tube, pachmayr foregrip (it's small).  It gets tossed in the truck, left around camp/deer camp etc....very compact when the stock is folded.  Not bad to shoot as far as wire stocks go.

Then I put my Hastings rifled slug barrel on it.  It made for a great deer gun when I use sabots.  One shot one kill stuff from cover and easier to sight in on the bench.  It does make it nice getting in and out of the truck when folded and easy to carry.

The one problem I have ever had, when using the shotgun instead of my AR for deer.  It is not the best stock for snap shots at deer in fast moving situations that still require good cheek mount and precision.  Not a big surprise and may be able to overcome that with some practice.

I have never had any face slap or pain with using the stock.

I think the folder is best suited to a small, short, light weight gun and it eats recoil.
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a SpecOps stock on my 500 with the Powerpak too.  It's awesome; I'm really happy with it.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#19]
the knoxx copstock is pretty ok; i like its foldability and it does cut one-handed recoil; watch out though on the cheek weld--it sucks and it will suck worse if you put your lip too close to the bar b/c when it recoils it will slap your jaw/lip and thats a annoying PITA

also, the stock itself has too much play imo...but it works good enough

the knoxx compstock (on my bird 870) is nice overall--i love it
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#20]
can someone who is not getting cheek slap post a picture of the cheek weld they use?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top