Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 5:07:31 PM EDT
I was thinking of building one of the imbel kits and need a receiver. Also I like the para congo style. Would it be better to build, buy a century and convert, or just spend the money on a DSA. I've found a couple of new century's one is 400 without a muzzle break and 480 with. Are they decent guns? Thanks in advance. I also heard someone say that the century sporters are built on imbel receivers does that include the postban models without the muzzel break that are still for sale?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:46:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I myself am getting ready to do a complete strip down of a Imbel parts gun that I ordered from Interordnance (one of the $250 guns with matching numbers and very good cond.).  I have been scouring the net looking for upper receiver.  The only 2 places I have found them were DSA and enterprise arms.  The enterprise type 3 is around $239 so I might  just nab one of those.  Anyone else know of a source for a decent upper receiver????

Why are they becoming so scarce, or is it just my imagination?

Im new to the fal world (have 2 AR15's), Mini-14, Ruger 10/22 anniversary edition so I am not exactly knew to the rifle world.  Even handload my own .223 ammo....and just got some .308 dies in.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:55:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Coonan has another lot coming also........I would stay away from enterprise, most gunsmiths will refuse to work on them.....only DSA and Imbel
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Why is that?  Out of spec? Cracking?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know.....arizona response systems won't work on an enterprise just imbel coonan or DSA
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Where can you get a imbel or dsa?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#6]
The brazilian imbels are all gone and not being imported anymore.....you can still find them around in the equipment exchanges and gunbroker, etc occassionally.  DSA is at DSARMS.com

Dan Coonan will have some more shortly
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't get an Enterprise.  I would get the DSA, scour the web for an Imbel, or wait for the Coonans.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#8]
How much do the coonans cost?  Whats the expected time of delivery.  (I really hate waiting!) lol
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#9]
if you go to www.falfiles.com Court_in_Fl sells coonan receivers for $250 i believe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top