Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/10/2005 8:34:39 AM EDT
I've been looking everywhere it seems and nobody has fmj projectiles in this caliber. I don't feel like buying expensive hunting bullets just to waste on long range practise. Where do you guys with the swede mausers that handload get the FMJ stuff??

Thanks in advance guys.
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 6:39:34 PM EDT
I shoot the Swede with Remington Core-Lokt bullets. I have never seen FMJ, just hunting bullets. Anyway I buy the cheapest stuff I can get for plinking. You can get the remingtons for about $100 / 1000, not including shipping from Midway.

Cole Distributing sells 1000 rounds for $300. Those are FMJ and I buy it for the brass. Of course I don't buy 1000 at a time.

Not as cheap as surplus .308 but not to bad.
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 7:19:37 PM EDT
The only FMJ bullets that I have ever seen come from pulling them from junked milsurp.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By RABID:
I've been looking everywhere it seems and nobody has fmj projectiles in this caliber. I don't feel like buying expensive hunting bullets just to waste on long range practise. Where do you guys with the swede mausers that handload get the FMJ stuff??

Thanks in advance guys.

Link Posted: 7/10/2005 8:57:55 PM EDT
Gunbroker has some FNM FMJ 6.5x55 listed. I searched "Swedish Mauser" and four auctions came up for FMJ ammo.
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 11:58:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pomofo:
Gunbroker has some FNM FMJ 6.5x55 listed. I searched "Swedish Mauser" and four auctions came up for FMJ ammo.

This is loaded ammo as listed on gunbroker. I think Rabid was looking for FMJ bullets to reload. Cole distributing has better prices for the exact same thing.

Only way to get FMJ is to buy factory ammo or get lucky and find some surplus pulled bullets.
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 3:29:35 PM EDT
Doesn't PMC have a a 6.5X55mm military load in their line? If memory serves I think that they do. Too bad they wouldn't sell the projectiles as components.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:59:14 PM EDT
word of warning - Don't buy Italian 6.5 bullets.

They go full diameter within 3/8" of the nose, and are pretty much useless in anything but a Carcano.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:47:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Lakemoor:
I shoot the Swede with Remington Core-Lokt bullets. I have never seen FMJ, just hunting bullets. Anyway I buy the cheapest stuff I can get for plinking. You can get the remingtons for about $100 / 1000, not including shipping from Midway.

Yup, that's the cheapest commercial I know of....and it's good ammo to boot.
Top Top