Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2002 4:16:19 PM EDT
Looking for a Left handed A2 upper and bolt.  Does anyone have any suggestions / websites? Best price?  I know DPMS has them but a few weeks ago I also saw them on another web site but have not been able to find that site again
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]
GO TO THE EQUIPMENT EXCHANGE!
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You *do* know that the "left-handed" uppers are normal right-handed uppers with an extra slot milled out of the left side, right?  This slot has no dust cover or brass deflector, and some folks have reported problems with the firing-pin retaining pin coming loose due to the extra slot.  Getting replacement parts in the field may also be an issue.

Most lefties shoot fine with the standard upper thanks to the brass deflector.

Anyway, just stuff you might want to know before you spend your cash.

-Troy

Thanks Troy for the info. The DPMS I saw on the web looked like a new forging designed from the start to be left handed.  Does what you said apply to the DPMS?

I have been shooting AR15/M16s since the Corps made me give up my M14 under protest.  I have only had a few problems in matches with hot brass from the AR15/M 16 so it is not a big deal but I thought it would be fun to have a mirror image AR to throw brass back at the guy next to me on the range.  If I got into a serious situation that required 5.56 I would use my M96. If my left-handed AR breaks it would be at the range and I would pack it away until I could get parts.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I have seen a couple for sale on ebay.  Don't remember the price though.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:47:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I took another real close look and I think Troy is correct.  It looks like a chop job.  I emailed them for a clarification.  If it is as Troy said I am so very not interested. hock.gif
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By Troy

Most lefties shoot fine with the standard upper thanks to the brass deflector.

-Troy

Speaking on behalf of South Paw shooters.
Do you know how it feels to have a nice hot
extracted .223 casing find it's way inside your shirt and lay in the small of your back
while still very HOT!
The AR does it and so does the M1A1.
Both will leave a nice Just my 2 cents.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top