Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/3/2007 2:42:20 PM EDT
I bought a fiberglass stock at a gunshow for real cheap ($5) but it needs refinishing and I wanted to know which commercial store bought paint I can buy that has the most authentic shade of brown like the original color. Anybody know?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:40:12 PM EDT
Krylon camo colors brown looks like original.I use a that with a matte clear coat.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:59:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ChromeLined:
Krylon camo colors brown looks like original.I use a that with a matte clear coat.

I used that too. I wish I could get my pics up!!!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:51:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/4/2007 6:52:40 AM EDT by Achilles1]
If you care more about what just looks good and towards what is also tough than you might think about picking up some Alumahyde II from Brownells. It's a colored epoxy air dry finish and much tougher than Krylon.

I don't know how close it is to the original GI fiberglass brown cause I don't like brown gear when there's OD, but it can't be that far off and you could always coat the stock also for an even nicer finish. Just a thought.

Alumahyde II
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:24:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Achilles1:
If you care more about what just looks good and towards what is also tough than you might think about picking up some Alumahyde II from Brownells. It's a colored epoxy air dry finish and much tougher than Krylon.

I don't know how close it is to the original GI fiberglass brown cause I don't like brown gear when there's OD, but it can't be that far off and you could always coat the stock also for an even nicer finish. Just a thought.

Alumahyde II

I already tried Alumahyde and it isnt that close
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:28:36 PM EDT
Go to an automotive paint store with your stock and they will be able to mix a perfect match.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:22:15 AM EDT

That's the krylon camo brown
Top Top