10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/5/2005 5:10:55 PM EDT

Which of these two vests should I get?
Eagle TAC-V1-NU Vest

www.elitetacticalsources.com/client/details.php?pid=917

BlackHawk Omega Phalanx HSV Vest

www.elitetacticalsources.com/client/details.php?pid=1587

I like BHI's dual shoulder pads, as it offers ambi support when shooting with either hand. Will the pouch affect the shooting on the Eagle vest if fired from the shoulder?

Which of the two vests offers more?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:44:20 PM EDT
I would go with Eagle products over BHI when able since Eagle is made in the good ole US of A. Blackhawk is making their stuff in Vietnam if that matters to you.

YMMV

Blitz
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:06:47 PM EDT
Well, besides one is made in the US and one in Vietnam, are the features worth the extra $$ for BHI's?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:18:44 PM EDT

What are you wanting to know about them?
What are your needs for a vest?
Whats going in it?
Whats it going to be used for?

With out knowing your needs/wants these guys cant help you, with the info given the most your going to get is a prefrence over where its made or who the better company is.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:26:39 PM EDT
Get the Eagle Vest
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:54:49 PM EDT
Eagle!!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:49:59 AM EDT

In general the Eagle vest will be better quality. And if something happened to the vest, Eagle has excellent customer service. I have the Eagle and the compass/first aid pouch really hasn't gotten in the way of shooting weak side...of course the biggest factor is what you put in that particular pouch. IMHO

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:08:56 AM EDT
Thanks for the info guys.

J/w, will BHI's pouches designed to attatch to their BTS webbing also attatch to the back of Eagle's?

I'm looking for a vest that can handle plenty of abuse (ie crawling) and still come out kicking.

I was just wondering which vest offers more features and is durable.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:09:46 AM EDT

My Eagle vest has ALICE webbing on the back. I've got a BHI add-a-pouch attached to the back of it but it uses ALICE clips.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:03:50 PM EDT
recommend you also double check if either or both will fit you properly ... take your measurements and ask info before you buy ... i'm very tall and had to go with a discontinued BHI vest (and saved some money) because no one made their vests long enough in the torso ... another thing to check is chest size, i wear 48 L suit coat and my vest is at its max (string sides won't expand much more) and there's no way a camelbak will fit inside the back vest pocket ... find out minimum chest size, maximum chest size, ditto on torso length for your vest ... side strap adjustments would seem to be more practical than spagetti string adjustments ... also, vests usually have combat belt loops on the bottom and you might want to snap loop combat belt and trouser belt together if vest loops are located in the right place ... are these mesh vests or cordura vests? maybe double check what they're made out of ... my BHI is their equivalent to cordura and very hot in the summer, but some vests are made of mesh and much cooler to wear, but maybe not as durable
good luck
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:12:37 PM EDT
Thanks for the info.

From the pics, if looks like the Eagle vest has more "mesh" than the BHI, but it is also made out of Cordura.

how is the BH vest holding up?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:14:19 AM EDT
my BHI STRIKE vest is relatively new...i'm no tailor, but it appears to be well sewn...i don't have an Eagle vest (they refuse to sell coyote to civilians) so i can't compare both manufacturers
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:51:46 AM EDT
Consider what kind of weather conditions you'll be using this in. Those vests, regardless of quality, will be HOT. Some guys like the chest rigs because of the minimal amount of nylon trapping heat against your body.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:49:35 AM EDT

My Eagle is not any hotter than the Y-harness and ALICE set up I use once in a while. THe biggest difference to me is that the Eagle vest holds your shirt tight against your body so it will become saturated quicker but once it is wet it actually helps to cool me down.

About the only complaint I would have with my Eagle vest is that it is the older model that uses the laced paracord to adjust the size. When I use mine with a hydration bladder installed or heavy winter clothing under it, I have to resize it and it takes a little bit of time to get it just right.

Top Top