Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2011 9:34:50 PM EDT
I'm gonna start a 10" build here soon with a Noveske 10.5" upper (still haven't narrowed down which one to get yet)

My question is which lower would you/should I get? A Noveske stripped lower for $150 or a Spikes stripped lower for $75? I have a Spikes lower on my 16" and I really like it but if I'm getting a Noveske upper, wouldn't it make sense to get a matching lower to go with it? The only part that sucks is it twice the price. I could get the Spikes and a parts kit for the price of the Noveske.

Any input would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The Noveske FFL is pretty damn cool.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:57:54 PM EDT
[#2]
It's the N4 lower that I'm looking at. Not sure if those are the same or not.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Not the same, and it is significantly more expensive. You can send a lower to Noveske (their lower) and have them send it back with an SBR upper on it on a form 4 though. Most others won't do that for you.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:08:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure what you mean about sending the lower to them. What would the difference be if I were to purchase an upper separately thru DSG which is where I'm getting my stuff thru?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm not sure what you mean about sending the lower to them. What would the difference be if I were to purchase an upper separately thru DSG which is where I'm getting my stuff thru?

this way it is a factory Lower and you do not need to engrave anything else on it with your info.

some people do not like things engraved on there lower.

I have the new FFL Lower from Noveske and just do my own Form 1's

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I went mega billet lower for a billet on billet match with noveske's vltor billet upper.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 12:28:57 PM EDT
[#7]
If you talk to Noveske they'll do a factory registered SBR and send the gun back to you after your Form 4 comes back. Considering the cost of engraving it is really worth it.

If you want to have a lower engraved and sent back to you that's ok also. Just happens on a Form 1.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top