Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/30/2011 8:34:50 PM EST
I'm gonna start a 10" build here soon with a Noveske 10.5" upper (still haven't narrowed down which one to get yet)

My question is which lower would you/should I get? A Noveske stripped lower for $150 or a Spikes stripped lower for $75? I have a Spikes lower on my 16" and I really like it but if I'm getting a Noveske upper, wouldn't it make sense to get a matching lower to go with it? The only part that sucks is it twice the price. I could get the Spikes and a parts kit for the price of the Noveske.

Any input would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:51:34 PM EST
The Noveske FFL is pretty damn cool.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:57:54 PM EST
It's the N4 lower that I'm looking at. Not sure if those are the same or not.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:58:51 PM EST
Not the same, and it is significantly more expensive. You can send a lower to Noveske (their lower) and have them send it back with an SBR upper on it on a form 4 though. Most others won't do that for you.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:08:13 PM EST
I'm not sure what you mean about sending the lower to them. What would the difference be if I were to purchase an upper separately thru DSG which is where I'm getting my stuff thru?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:30:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By crat996:
I'm not sure what you mean about sending the lower to them. What would the difference be if I were to purchase an upper separately thru DSG which is where I'm getting my stuff thru?

this way it is a factory Lower and you do not need to engrave anything else on it with your info.

some people do not like things engraved on there lower.

I have the new FFL Lower from Noveske and just do my own Form 1's

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 2:27:32 PM EST
I went mega billet lower for a billet on billet match with noveske's vltor billet upper.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 11:28:57 AM EST
If you talk to Noveske they'll do a factory registered SBR and send the gun back to you after your Form 4 comes back. Considering the cost of engraving it is really worth it.

If you want to have a lower engraved and sent back to you that's ok also. Just happens on a Form 1.
Top Top