Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/5/2002 5:24:10 PM EST
when i get my M4 or CAR-15 this november, which laser should i get for it....i need one that is low cost yet provids good accuracy.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:34:37 PM EST
i picked up a cheapie at a gun show several months ago, it has both a remote switch & momentary push button sw. i paid about $45 for it, i mounted it on my "lap rabbit" .22 SS sniper rifle & it works fine, not to well in bright light conditions but dark cloudy days i can see the dot at 100 yds.

i have no idea who made it, there is no name on it any where, unless it is black on black..., which i have seen.....
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:44:46 PM EST
What do you need a laser for?

Typically you can't see them at all in the day time. At night you only see a very bright red dot - and can't make out if it's pointed at a target or a tree.

Indoors they work really well but to what end? A rifle isn't that hard to aim indoors - and could be of questional use under a large number of situations.

Mounting a laser on a handgun for indoor use makes more sense to me.

Buy yourself a $5 laser pointer to play with and see how limited the light is during the day.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:56:06 PM EST
You MUST mean you want a I/R laser for use with gen. 3 night vision.
If thats the case the word cheap can't be used as the quality combos will run $3000 plus.
If its a TOY you want, the pointer is a better idea.
Not that I have anything against lasers, they are great for the right application, like designating cave entrances to drop bombs into, or night ops using night vision.
NOT THE CRA## YOU SEE IN THE MOVIES.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:57:17 PM EST
i want it because it looks cool. thats all
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:19:28 PM EST
honesty is a very good thing.
Take a look at the websight Lightthings.com
Also take a look at botach.com
I won't recommend you buy from them, even though I've had good luck they had a decent selection last time I looked.
Gun shows are a good option.
There has been lots of speculation about the use of lasers on Defensive arms, some court cases have had a bad time of it due to overzealous DAs, however if you ever us an AR in a justified shooting that will be the least of the problems.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 1:19:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/6/2002 1:19:14 AM EST by bunghole]
Green lasers are the brightest out now but they run $400+ for a weapon sight.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 2:22:13 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/6/2002 2:22:43 AM EST by 5subslr5]

Originally Posted By bunghole:
Green lasers are the brightest out now but they run $400+ for a weapon sight.

Yep ! I got one - 522nm wavelength and daylight visible. I think I paid about $450.00 last year
Top Top