Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/30/2002 11:31:28 PM EST
Have any of you heard of Bullet-thru grenade by Fabrique nationale? It is designed to replace under-barrel grenades used by assault rifles.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 11:36:26 PM EST
Bullet-thru?

Do you have a link?
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 2:57:16 AM EST
He's talking abouth the muzzle fired grenades that use a bullet trap to impart forward energy to propel them.
BrenLover
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:28:09 AM EST
FN makes it...BulletThru is actually a trademark. It's fired using a regular ball round, which despite the misleading name, actually goes 'thru' the grenade.

Given my choice I'd probably take a 203, since it doesn't tie up the barrel of the weapon when firing it. Though 2 or 3 of the BTs in a ruck would be cool if you didn't have a 203.

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:46:43 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/31/2002 4:47:56 AM EST by SJSAMPLE]
Bullet Trap and BulletThru grenades are intended to give every rifleman the ability to launch grenades without significant modifications to the weapon (a la the M203), via simple attachments to the muzzle of the rifle. However, these types of grenades are not as acccurate as dedicated grenade launchers, as they do not have a tube to guide the round through the launch portion, when the propellant is ignited. In their favor, the size of these grenades gives many of them significant firepower (but reduced range) over the portable 40mm grenade systems.

I've never fired the bullet trap grenades, but I've got the personal opinion that the size, weight (and subsequently, number of rounds carried), accuracy and range of the dedicated 40mm systems makes them a better choice.
Top Top