Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 12:34:56 PM EST
My searches shot around this issue, but could not directly answer my question. I have an approved Form 1 for a 5.56 AR but I'd like to change the upper to a different caliber and barrel length. What form/paperwork do I need to send in to do this?

Many thanks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:15:21 PM EST
The BATFE is tasked with keeping up the NFA database as accurate as possible. So they request that you notify them with any permament changes to the configuration. They will not change your form and mail you a new one. If you send in a letter in duplicate they will mail you back a copy with "Received" stamped on it... Whenever they get around to it.

Personally I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you feel like you need to, simply write them a letter stating your the registered owner of xxx and am permamently change the configuration to xxx.

Thats it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:14:14 PM EST
Copy. Thanks 323.
Top Top