Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2017 7:31:45 PM EDT
In the "First World Problems" category...

I just got emailed that my 41P suppressors were all approved at once.  I didn't expect them until June!  Needless to say, I haven't got a single host set up yet.    I've got a .22 Spectre II, a 7.62 Specwar, and a .45 Osprey all waiting to be picked up.  I've already got plans for the rifle can, and I'm going to have to send a couple .22's out to be threaded as well.  This post concerns the Osprey.

For available hosts, I've got a Sig Carry 1911, a Sig Mk 25, and a CZ P09.  Through thorough lack of planning, I don't have a threaded barrel for any of them.  Factory barrels are available for all three, but I don't really want to spend the money on all three right now. I want to get just one at first, and then the other two later down the road.  Whichever I choose is going to be the dedicated HD pistol, to go along with the AR 15 pistol that the Specwar is going to be mounted to.  I actually shoot the P09 better than the Mk 25, but I also just got the E2 grip and SRT trigger for the Mk 25 in the mail.  I haven't even installed them yet - they JUST came in.  (Yeah, it's like Christmas in April!)    

Given all the above, what makes more sense to buy a threaded barrel for first?  The 1911, the Mk 25, or the P09?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything starts with 1911
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Whatever you can get threaded first is the ticket.

Those were my first three cans as well!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:58:56 AM EDT
[#3]
You may notice in the future, all your hosts need to have a threaded barrel before you buy.

I would say get a threaded barrel for the Sig. MK 25.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You may notice in the future, all your hosts need to have a threaded barrel before you buy.

I would say get a threaded barrel for the Sig. MK 25.
View Quote
I know, right?

So I installed the E2 grips and SRT trigger.  Still haven't shot it yet, but I threw the dice and went ahead and ordered the threaded barrel.  Next paycheck, I'll get the raised night sights.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an Osprey 9 and an Osprey 45 and I've found that I enjoy shooting through the sights with both eyes open. Doing this suppressor sights are not needed. I even shoot revolvers both eyes open now. You can see more of the target and your surroundings while shooting. If you are bullseye competition shooting this may not be the best method but for running steel it seems to work pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:36:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have an Osprey 9 and an Osprey 45 and I've found that I enjoy shooting through the sights with both eyes open. Doing this suppressor sights are not needed. I even shoot revolvers both eyes open now. You can see more of the target and your surroundings while shooting. If you are bullseye competition shooting this may not be the best method but for running steel it seems to work pretty good.
View Quote
I am still learning how to do this. The hosts I have that I can not see over tend to be 2-6 inch groups at 10 yards. Yeah I need more time at the range working on the basics.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am still learning how to do this. The hosts I have that I can not see over tend to be 2-6 inch groups at 10 yards. Yeah I need more time at the range working on the basics.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In a home-defense scenario, the longest shot I could possibly have in my house isn't much farther than 10 yards.  I think I'd be good with a 6" group, under stress.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top