Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2013 9:01:47 AM EDT
I mean full auto versions

thanks
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe all Thompson MG's are C&R now.  

I think the ATF even classified the newer West Hurley marked Thompson's as C&R because somebody petitioned ed them too.  The grounds was something about how rare they are.

pretty sure that ruling was big news about 10-12 years ago, but confirm before you buy.  I am just going off memory from a discussion on Subguns 10 years ago.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Ken is right- I just checked the C&R list.  They originally made the WH commemoratives and the M1 models C&R, as they really were rare, but excluded the 1928s.  Then someone asked again and they added them later.

Obviously, the original Colt Thompsons and the WW II production are old enough to qualify.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#3]
WH and USGI guns are clearly all C&R, but I do not believe all Thompsons would be.  I'm reasonably sure there are a few off brands (e.g. Pearl) that would not qualify, but they are such a tiny percentage of the pool.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#4]
What's the significance of them being declared C&R?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well, if you hold a C&R FFL (which costs $10 and is good for 3 years), you can buy C&R NFA items direct from anyone, anywhere in the country, via a single Form 4: No need to go through an in-your-state FFL, no need to pay a second $200 transfer tax, no x2 wait time for a second NFA transfer.

In addition, a C&R holder does not need to file a 5320.20 to move C&R NFA items interstate. You can just take it with you whenever you want.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the significance of them being declared C&R?

Well, if you hold a C&R FFL (which costs $10 and is good for 3 years), you can buy C&R NFA items direct from anyone, anywhere in the country, via a single Form 4: No need to go through an in-your-state FFL, no need to pay a second $200 transfer tax, no x2 wait time for a second NFA transfer.

In addition, a C&R holder does not need to file a 5320.20 to move C&R NFA items interstate. You can just take it with you whenever you want.

For $10, seems worth it I guess.  Still, if I were buying another MG, I'd probably just buy in-state.  Gives me a chance to inspect it, etc. before committing to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top