Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/1/2011 10:54:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/1/2011 11:04:52 AM EDT by motoguy]
I've got a DSA SA58 with irons only. I'd like to add a Primary Arms optic for a bit more fun / enjoyment. I hate the idea of "losing" the irons when adding an optic, but it's my understanding that low-mounted irons of the FAL almost guarantee that you'll lose the ability to use irons.

I've got a PA M3 clone on my AR, and I really like it. Marsh has stated that he's got an integrated base micro on his FAL test rig, and it works well. I'm currently leaning towards the purchase of a micro for my FAL, but thought I'd ask:

1) Are there (relatively easy) mods I can perform which will allow a co-witness with an optic?

2) Assuming the answer to Question 1 is yes, is that mod best suited for a micro optic, or something like the PA M3 clone?

3) Assuming the answer to Question 1 is no, then what are recommended mounts / optics for the SA58?

Again, I'm planning on staying with Primary Arms for this optic. Yes, I realize they aren't made for combat. Yes, I realize they are "range only" optic. I'm ok with that. I just want to try some optics, and see what I like.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:52:34 PM EDT
I have a DSA railed dust cover on one of my FALs and I tried an Aimpoint micro on it. Even mounted directly to the rail there was no co-witness. I seem to remember that DSA might make a railed dust cover with a recess, but I'm not sure. Check their site. Otherwise I think you might be SOL.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:11:30 PM EDT
Crap. Yeah, I forgot to mention I have the "Extreme Duty Extended" rail on mine as well.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:29:00 PM EDT
IM halffast, he has an ACOG on a FAL and I believe it allows the use of the iron sights while installed.

http://www.ar15.com/member/member.html?id=12017
Top Top