Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 8:22:04 AM EDT
I've decided on the M4-2K and now I am trying to decide which muzzle device to get with it.  My main concern is what device is best for the can rather than flash suppression or muzzle rise reduction without the can.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:23:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Brakeout.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#2]
It is opinion really.  But in my opinion the Brakeout is not the best choice.  The muzzle brake is very effective and additionally takes some of the blast abuse to help protect the inside of the suppressor, especially on short barrel hosts.

So, I prefer the Blackout on my guns that need flash suppressors and the brake on my other hosts.  

With the Brakeout you get about as much flash suppression as an A2, which isn't impressive.  You get some extra noise (without the suppressor, of course) without the full benefit of the brake.  Some people see the Brakeout as the best of both worlds.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Brake
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got the Blackout on my 16" and the muzzle brake on my 11.5" SBR. I chose the brake for the reasons Bookhound listed above, especially the blast baffle longevity.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool, looks like I will get the standard muzzle brake over the brake out.  The suppressor will be used on a 16" AR right now but of course, there are plans for a SBR in the future
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cool, looks like I will get the standard muzzle brake over the brake out.  The suppressor will be used on a 16" AR right now but of course, there are plans for a SBR in the future

Brake for SBR without doubt
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I went with the brakeout on mine.  I've never shot or heard one, but I'll find out in the morning how it sounds.  

-edit––I just shot my 14.5 with a brakeout.  It's loud, but there is no muzzle rise whatsoever.  I could double and triple tap without the rifle moving at all.  The brakeout is a good bit cheaper than the muzzle brakes.  All depends on what you want.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#8]

I have both.  the brake works great on full auto fire, but is loud as hell.  i wear earplugs under earmuffs and it's still loud.  blackout works wonders at night.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top