Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2005 5:42:04 AM EDT
I am looking for a auto sear the is not marryed to a gun.  I am just woundering what companys maid them and wich one is the best for my needs.  I will be buying an Vector MP5/10.  That will be the gun I want to start with.  I might but a Vector 53 as well.  Do the sears ever break?  Who should I have gunsmith and make sure the sears and gun fits togather?  thank you
Gary
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 5:51:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 6:19:10 AM EDT
[#2]
the preferred makes are qualified, S&H, and Fleming.  Some prefer the Qualified and Fleming stamped variety over the S&H most of which are cast.   I have a cast S&H that has worked fine.  I did have it re heat treated, as I've heard the heat treatment wasn't done properly on a few and it was down at Dyer's anyways.  The sear isn't a high stress part, so I don't think breakage should be a big concern.  I've never heard of one breaking although I'm sure someone has managed to do it.  

As far as whom to work on the sear... I've always had Terry Dyer work on my HK stuff.  Hi work is excellent!
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 6:51:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I know most people will probably respond, which ever brand sear you are able to get the best deal on!

But if I was able to choose, for me Flemming is #1, than Qualified #2
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 5:45:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Or you could get a registered Wilson pack, that way if the sear breaks you can just pop a new factory HK sear in. Or a factory select fire trigger group.
The registered part is the trigger housing.

And they usually run 1-2k less than a sear.

Link Posted: 7/26/2005 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Or you could get a registered Wilson pack, that way if the sear breaks you can just pop a new factory HK sear in. Or a factory select fire trigger group.
The registered part is the trigger housing.

And they usually run 1-2k less than a sear.

I'm assuming that by "trigger housing", you mean the pack frame....

The bad thing about this option is not being able to have a navy or burst lower.  Assuming a SEF pack frame is the registered part, which AFAIK all the registered x-ferable pack frames are SEF.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.  To me, it isn't a big deal... but some might thing so.  Ambi lowers are just more complicated and more expensive.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#6]
In the original thread you said you have a Vector MP5/10.... the sear is probably registered in 9mm,223 and .308... could you use that sear in a .40 or 10mm gun? -as they didn't have 40 and 10mm back in May 1986

Link Posted: 7/26/2005 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes you can use your sear in the 10s and 40s.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you all for your replays.  I have a few qestions about the willison sear pack.  Would you have to have a married recever, for it?  Have you seen any for sale recently? And with the caliber question all you have to do is send a letter to the ATF stating it is going to be used in this  caliber.  The paperwork does not have to reflect the caliber change.
Thankx
Gary
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a fleming auto sear I am soo excited
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top