Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2011 6:39:12 AM EDT
I contacted my FFL to order one of these:

Which rimfire cans should be on my short list.  BTW< I will mostly shoot Aguila SSS subsonic (the dirty stuff) through it.

Thanks...
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 6:51:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Silencerco Sparrow

AAC Element

SWR Spectre

The top 3 rimfire cans for me.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 7:14:58 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 for the 22Sparrow.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 7:23:16 AM EDT
[#3]
SWR Warlock.....love it!

Link Posted: 3/31/2011 8:03:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 8:30:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 8:36:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an Outback II on mine.  Works great.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I ordered the NEW sparrow.  Waiting for it to come in now
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Awesome, thanks guys.

I now have a SS Sparrow on order.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#9]
My SS Sparrow just showed up at my dealers...now I gotta wait for the stamp.  I'm picking up one of the threaded 22/45's myself...looks like fun.
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 7:11:41 AM EDT
[#10]
SS Sparrow, best all around can available, excellent quality.  I would not shoot SSS aguila's through it though.  They dont stabilize well in some guns and you could risk a baffel strike.  With that 4" barrel, most any High Velocity ammo will still be sub-sonic, but the standard with most serious Suppressor owners is CCI  MiniMags.  Even the Federal Bulk pack runs 960FPS through my MKII with 4 1/2" barrel.
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 7:26:21 AM EDT
[#11]
SS Sparrow.
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
SS Sparrow, best all around can available, excellent quality.  I would not shoot SSS aguila's through it though.  They dont stabilize well in some guns and you could risk a baffel strike.  With that 4" barrel, most any High Velocity ammo will still be sub-sonic, but the standard with most serious Suppressor owners is CCI  MiniMags.  Even the Federal Bulk pack runs 960FPS through my MKII with 4 1/2" barrel.

Correct me if I am wrong but Silencerco warranty includes the use of the SSS.  There was a member that had an end cap strike in this thread where Josh indicated that he shoots it all the time.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=20&t=322410

Link Posted: 4/2/2011 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a liberty essence on order and one of my buddies has the liberty kodiak TL for this same gun.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:00:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I just bought one of the factory threaded 22/45's last week.

Yesterday I bought the AAC Element for it  The element and kodiak tl looked good as well, but my local dealer had just put an order into AAC and he cut me a good deal to hop on the order.

I'm pretty sure that I would be splitting hairs between the three, but each seemed to have a slight benefit or specialization the other did not have.  Having not been down this path before, it is a little confusing, but I think that I will be happy in 4-5 months when the thing finally changes hands to me

This little ruger is pretty nice though.  Going to change the grips out to either some grippy houge rubber types or maybe just go thin aluminum.  I have an old aimpoint on it right now that is a placeholder for an burris fastfire II.  The trigger may need some attention from VQ as well.  Stock trigger is a little crochity.

squirrels are gonna be so F*cked
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top