Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/10/2002 6:52:16 PM EDT
Hi, I'm new to the neiborhood, and need some input. I currently don't have an AR15, but am thinking of either purchasing one, or putting one together. It appears that either choice is expensive and is an investment. What brand AR15 or what brand parts used to put together an AR15 has the best resale? I was thinking of something with an A2 upper and a 20" Hbar. It appears that both uppers and lowers and complete rifles are very available on this site. I know that there is always a slew of uppers on ebay. If I assembled a rife from parts I would like to stay with the same brand upper and lower. Any suggestions??
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 6:54:57 PM EDT
Bushmaster or Rock River Arms.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 7:12:51 PM EDT
Welcome! I only have experience with the Bushy's and RRA's. Both are excellent. I've got a Bushy M4 and it has been my favorite firearm. I'm in the process of building an A3 from a stripped RRA lower. The RRA lower was cheaper than a Bushy, but it still had a nice finish on it and the parts all fit great. I don't have any experience with the others, but I'm sure before long you'll hear plenty of pros/cons of each different brand.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 7:47:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/10/2002 7:47:47 PM EDT by slt223]
Anyone of these will be just fine:
Colt
Bushamster
Armalite
DPMS
RRA
­

These are in no particular order. The only thing you should know about Colt is that their front take down is a big screw as opposed to mil-spec push pin, and their fire control parts pivot on non mil-spec diameter pins. I feel Colt still makes a great rifle reguardless of what anyone says. I love mine, it was my first AR, and it shoots quite well.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:06:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bruggy:
Hi, I'm new to the neiborhood, and need some input. I currently don't have an AR15, but am thinking of either purchasing one, or putting one together. It appears that either choice is expensive and is an investment. What brand AR15 or what brand parts used to put together an AR15 has the best resale?

Well, as a new AR-15 owner (I went with DPMS) I can tell you that they are fun to shoot and a real work of machinery.

Now, as for who to go with, DPMS and Bushmaster "appear" to be the most common with least issues.

Don't build it yourself unless you know what you are doing. If nothing else, find a good gunsmith to help you with it. I would suggest getting ahold of a complete upper and a complete lower and mating the two.

Depending on which state you live in, you may have to get a permit first before purchasing the lower.

Expect to pay at least $800 for it if you buy it complete. (Bushmaster)

A good complete DPMS with 20" and floating barrel with flattop will run you closer to $900.

I guess what you should be asking yourself is what are you really planning on doing with it? Hunting? target shooting? staring at on your wall?

Hope my ramblings have been helpful.

-Warlock
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:07:22 PM EDT
NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BUY HESSE ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!!!!!!!!

Bushmaster
RRA
C­olt
etc....just stay away from hesse.
Top Top