Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2006 9:40:58 AM EDT
I had a 9mm AR (Oly style with Socom block/STEN mags).  It was reliable and accurate, but clunky and heavy.
I had an Uzi carbine 20 years ago (non-SBR).  Still an option, but heavy for it's size.  
A SBR'd mini-Uzi carbine would be cool, not sure if they're still available or not.  Saw something on Uzi-talk about the ones that are left are overpriced.
HK Mp5 clones definitely a possibility, but I hear many people saying they suck, and some I've handled at gunshows look pretty crude (ugly welds, etc.).  Beretta storm was a possibility, but doesn't seem that rugged.  Kel-tec Sub2000 seemed cool, and it would share mags with my Glock, but not sure how rugged, and the sights seemed flimsy/cheap.
Uses would be fun plinking at the range but ruggedness and reliability are important.  Super accurate isn't top priority.
So any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Last mini-Uzi I saw at the shop was priced at $1150.  As opposed to the about $600 you can get a standard UZI carbine for.  I'm thinking about SBRing my Uzi.
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 11:28:47 AM EDT
[#2]
DOJ HK94. Spendy but worth it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Id LOVE to see a SBR CX4. That would be sweet. They are plenty reliable. There IS some metal under that plasic
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 11:51:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Build your own.

Link Posted: 8/16/2006 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Id LOVE to see a SBR CX4. That would be sweet. They are plenty reliable. There IS some metal under that plasic

+1 to that, I'd love to see a CX4 SBR'd too. The upper and lower are polymer but the bolt and chromelined barrel are very high quality forged steel. From the way mine has been and what I've seen in other people's there very reliable. Beretta makes a good gun.
Cutting the barrel down and recrowning with the chromelining can be tough. It can be done but tough.
The 9mm platform has excellent 20 rounds mags made for it by MecGar, the controls are ambi, it has great mounting options and it incredibly light while still handling the recoil very well. I think it's a good choice.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
Build your own.

www.hunt101.com/img/426678.jpg

Yeah, I like that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That would be pretty damn cool.  I'd love to cut my CX4's barrel down, then get a can for it, and try to get it to about the same length overall with the can mounted.  

It's a hella nice carbine, very well made and reliable.  Maybe someday when I have extra money, I'll soup it up a bit.

BTW, the MecGar mags are good.  I picked up a 20rd ProMag, and it works fine.  The price difference is only a buck or two, so I would probably get more MecGars.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top