Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2011 5:22:12 PM EDT
Joining the dark side, need suggestions on a can for my not yet purchased SBR? Gun will be a 11.5" BMC or Spikes upper not that it should matter much right?
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 5:37:28 PM EDT
AAC M4-2000, that's what I went with anyway on a 10.5" noveske.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 5:50:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DaBeamz:

i did the exact same.......looks great with spikes SAR
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 5:51:38 PM EDT
barrel length does matter when you are going short.

the short barrel may put the can too close to the gas block. most reflex designs wont work on a 10-11.5 barrel.

fwiw i have a 556K and i love it. also have a sbr waiting on the upper to come in . went with a 11.5. just sent in paperwork on a M4-2000 2 months ago,
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 5:54:51 PM EDT
AAC M4-2000 here as well, but there are a bunch of good 5.56 cans on the market. I like the M4-2000 because it's built like a tank and full-auto rated and I knew I needed a can I could abuse the hell out of. So far no regrets, the thing is a beast!
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 6:07:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By crkone:

I did go with the 51T Muzzle Brake to help with blast baffle erosion.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 6:56:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By crkone:

Got pics of that set up?
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 10:38:26 PM EDT
SWR Wolverine

I'm in love with this thing
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 11:20:25 PM EDT
SureFire 556MINI with brake mount if you want to run it on most of the time.  If a 9" handguard is enough, the OPS 15th would be available as well, and other reflex cans would fall into that realm as well.

For end mounted, it would be between the Surefire and AAC
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 3:30:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ropes4u:
Joining the dark side, need suggestions on a can for my not yet purchased SBR? Gun will be a 11.5" BMC or Spikes upper not that it should matter much right?

Come on, in the water's fine here in the dark side!  
An 11.5" suppressed Spikes upper sounds familiar to me!  Here's mine.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:44:34 AM EDT

Have you considered the Hammerhead 5.56 from Jon David Whitson, dba JDW Manufacturing Company, Inc, aka Shark Suppressors in Plano, TX? His newest offering features a unique monocore baffle stack design cut with a water jet, and then that single baffle stack is high-temperature press fit into a heated sleeve (think shrink wrap) which is so tight when it cools that no welds are needed. It is rated for sustained automatic fire, and best of all, manufactured and engraved for Shark here in Rockwall, TX, by our very own Karma and ShortyWithAnAR, both dba Ident Marking Services.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:31:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By hrt4me:

Have you considered the Hammerhead 5.56 from Jon David Whitson, dba JDW Manufacturing Company, Inc, aka Shark Suppressors in Plano, TX? His newest offering features a unique monocore baffle stack design cut with a water jet, and then that single baffle stack is high-temperature press fit into a heated sleeve (think shrink wrap) which is so tight when it cools that no welds are needed. It is rated for sustained automatic fire, and best of all, manufactured and engraved for Shark here in Rockwall, TX, by our very own Karma and ShortyWithAnAR, both dba Ident Marking Services.

Never heard of them but I will talk to my dealer about it. I must have driven by them a few times.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:18:53 AM EDT
Why don't you just contact either Shark Suppressors and/or Ident Marking Services directly?
Top Top