Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 8/1/2003 3:31:53 PM EDT
I have a Marlin 25N .22lr and a Remington 760 Gamemaster pump action .30/06. I have a sample of Militec-1 grease. First off, is this even gun grease? If so, where do I put it on my guns? Thanks, Mike S.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:10:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:40:03 PM EDT
Both of my guns' manuals say just to wipe any exposed metal with a oil dampened cloth. Neither of them have specific details.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:47:06 PM EDT
GREASE , i only use it on locking lugs on my bolt guns. light film on the bearing surfaces of the locking lugs. backside of the bolthandle where it meets the reciever on some 22's. dont let that stuff get near the chamber.
some folk use a dab on the trigger/sear surfaces.
grease will collect dirt and must be maintained accordingly.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:49:08 PM EDT
Only a few guns actually require grease. The Garand is one. None of the bolt actions require it, only semis.

Some put it on the bolt lugs on ARs.

It'll hold one's hair in place too.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:12:07 PM EDT
I put grease on all the fittings, especially on the upper A arm bushings. They're polyurethane and they squeek if they get too dry. The drive line needs it, too.

But I guess you meant on a gun. I don't.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 7:32:37 AM EDT
Hoplophile, I am with ya...when I first read "Where do I use grease?" and saw the name of the poster was Hickboy....well...let's say that "Dueling Banjos" came to mind. Then again, I am a disturbed little monkey who thinks "Deliverance" is one of the great, unsung romantic comedies of our time. Must be the heat.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:45:49 AM EDT
I generally use grease anywhere that oil tends to get slung off of, like on rifle bolts, and on pistol rails. Oil everywhere else.

In that .22 it will probably cause more problems than it solves.
Top Top