Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 9:04:24 PM EDT
My DSA SA58 carbine is shooting 12 inches HIGH at 100 yards with the rear sight adjusted all the way down.  My front sight post is too low.  I called DSA and they said I needed a taller front sight but wouldn't cover it under warranty and wanted $25 plus $8 shipping for a new one.  Needless to say I'm looking for a cheaper one elsewhere.  I need the taller one that has 4 dimples in it.  Anyone have suggestions where to buy one for a reasonable price?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're shooting low, you'd want a shorter front sight.

You did adjust the FRONT sight as well?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:29:38 AM EDT
[#2]
RAISE your REAR sight to make the gun shoot higher.

LOWER your FRONT Sight to make the gun shoot higher.

Or waste another $33 to make it shoot even lower!!

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:59:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My DSA SA58 carbine is shooting 12 inches low at 100 yards with the rear sight adjusted all the way down.  My front sight post is too low.  I called DSA and they said I needed a taller front sight but wouldn't cover it under warranty and wanted $25 plus $8 shipping for a new one.  Needless to say I'm looking for a cheaper one elsewhere.  I need the taller one that has 4 dimples in it.  Anyone have suggestions where to buy one for a reasonable price?

What you need is the one or zero dot front sight.  Go to this address Gun Parts Guy and call or email James and he will get you what you need for a fair price.  DSA wants to much for theirs and the want to charge you $9 to ship something that weighs less than an ounce.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:27:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry guys but I meant it was shooting a foot HIGH at a hundred yards.  I guess I should stay off the internet close to my bedtime.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:33:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My DSA SA58 carbine is shooting 12 inches low at 100 yards with the rear sight adjusted all the way down.  My front sight post is too low.  I called DSA and they said I needed a taller front sight but wouldn't cover it under warranty and wanted $25 plus $8 shipping for a new one.  Needless to say I'm looking for a cheaper one elsewhere.  I need the taller one that has 4 dimples in it.  Anyone have suggestions where to buy one for a reasonable price?

How old is the rifle?  Did you buy it from DSA, and is it still under warranty?

I'd say they need to fix it.

DSA said since the rifle is a couple years old, they wouldn't replace the front sight under warranty.  I had shot it exclusively with a SUIT scope on it and just recently shot it with the iron sights and discovered the problem.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:30:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Give James at GPG a call and he will set you up with the tall front sight.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#8]
James (GunPartsGuy) called me back and said he's paying $20 a piece for them now.  Any more suggestions for a reasonably priced source or am I stuck with paying $20+?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Well I finally found one at SARCO for $10 plus $7.50 shipping/handling.  If you ever come across one for a good price you'd better snap it up as they cost almost as much as gold now.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well I finally found one at SARCO for $10 plus $7.50 shipping/handling.  If you ever come across one for a good price you'd better snap it up as they cost almost as much as gold now.

Thats a good deal.  Did they have more in stock?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats a good deal.  Did they have more in stock?

I'm not sure.  The parts dept. had to look through their bins while I was on hold to find it.  It's not a standard catalog item.  Your best bet is to call them and have them do another search.  I also tried Numrich (Gun Parts Corp) with no success.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top