Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2002 5:07:09 PM EDT
Ok,

Things are starting to go together very well towards getting a Pre Ban AR. Now I'm looking to get one of the RR Arms 9mm Uppers to go on it. My understanding is that they use modified UZI 9mm magazines. I also plan on ordering the Colt type mag block from RR Arms.Now comes the questions.

1. Where can I get modified magazines?
2. Can I do the modifications myself?
3. Has anyone modified MP5 or other types of magazines to work?

And my last question. I understand that a different buffer and magazine spring is required with the A2 stock as well as a buffer block to fit in the buffer tube. I plan on using an M4 type collapsible stock. Will I need a change in buffer and spring, and will I have to utilize the buffer block as well?

Good Shooting
RED
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure where you can find them, you just need to look around.

As far as modifying them I believe there are certain rules you have to follow so as not to create a post-ban hicap mag.

For the part about other magazines, Olympic Arms makes an upper that uses modified Sten magazines. Sten is the best way to go since they are cheap, plentiful and reliable. MP5 magazines would be the worst choice since German MP5 mags cost around $90 a piece and cloned mags are about $40 a piece.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#2]
If it is a Colt clone American Spirit Arms has modified Uzi mags that will work. There was a thread several weeks ago that contacted contact imformation on a guy that can modify the magazines.  Try doing a search for "UZI MAGAZINES"

http://www.gunkits.com/kits.html
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 10:04:59 PM EDT
[#3]

1. Where can I get modified magazines?
www.vectorarms.com/indexframe.html

I plan on using an M4 type collapsible stock. Will I need a change in buffer and spring, and will I have to utilize the buffer block as well?

I've used a Colt H-Buffer with no problems but there is a specific Colt 9mm SMG buffer, check here for pics www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/buffers/, spring should be the same(?)  Uhhh what's a buffer block?
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#4]
American Spirit Arms www.gunkits.comhas them, but they are freakin' expensive. Not sure if it's a misprint or what, but their PDF catalog has the modified UZI mags for $549.95.

Link Posted: 3/7/2002 4:01:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Buck I saw the same thing so I sent them an email.  It should be $49.95.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top