Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 3:34:05 PM EDT
Well I want to pick up a Cetme/G3 rifle for cheap. Local shop has a Cetme for $350 (Century .308 sporter) and I wouldnt want to pay more than 300 out the door for the quality on this particular rife (not going to happen).  Any retailers selling either rifle for cheap? I want to stay under $400 for a solid rifle, clones are fine for me ^_^.

Jack
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:38:19 AM EDT
[#1]
That's about the going price for a CETME at a dealer...person-to-person you might get one in the $300 range..

Keisler's in Jeffersonville, Indiana has some that I think you could get for around $300-325...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:57:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out SOG there recent publication has US made recievers on HK parts kits. looks like a good deal ill prob get one myself to see what's up.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#3]
SOG?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#4]
    I picked up a Centry Cetme Sporter about 3 months ago from a local gunsmith for $343 after tax. He said it was just $20 over his cost and I have been VERY pleased. Its been fed about 800 rounds now and is a joy to shoot. I would recommend looking into a wide handguard though. The barrel tends to heat up real fast after 5-6 20 round mags. A lot of people knock the Centry Cetme, but I have not had any problems yet, and thats with cheap indian ammo.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I will tell you this..if you find one that works and works well..them you have scored big...however..there are a lot of them out there and don't work well and need some $$$ invested to work...that could be from a $20 set of locking rollers for the bolt to a rebuild...

I have a JLD Enterprises PTR-91....it's, other than Ohio Rapid Fire, one of the best out there for G3 knock-offs....1-12 twist, match grade barrel. Mine shoots awesome with Aussie 147gr surplus...

I got mine used at Kieslers for $525...it was unfired, but was listed used because it was a trade-in...

I have seen used ones goign for $500-600 here and a buddy liked mine so well that he just bought one here for $550 shipped...

They are worth the look..
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Do all Century Cetme's have a large weld line across the top of the reciever?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:26:55 PM EDT
[#7]
My Cetme
Heres my century that I replaced with a wide handguard I have been very happy with it so far. I have about $400 in mine but put on alot of extras.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Do all Century Cetme's have a large weld line across the top of the reciever?

i take it you mean where the charging handle meets the reciver?? thats normal!,,, a weld any where on the top is a no no,,only weld spots are  the trunion(sp) charging handle, and rear sight base.

visit
cetmerifles.com for a how to buy list
and also gunbaords cetme fr8 board, they are both filled with tons of info and links to other sites  such as dr.zero's who has complete manuals and take down/mod links
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top