Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/3/2005 7:42:02 PM EDT
I've wanted a K31 for several years since I was introduced to the gun. Partially because my last name is Schmidt I've had a C&R license for about a year now and have only bought a Mosin, SKS and Mauser with it. Where's the best/cheapest place to buy one?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:18:32 PM EDT
Just about every dealer in the country buys their k31s from www.centuryarms.com so most places have same quality K31s. A few stand-outs are Allan's Armory and FGS. I have bought all my k31s from Aim Surplus and haven't been disappointed in any of them (they want $99 for them now).

I've paid $89 for my first, $79 for my second (delivered), $79 for my third, and $59 (delivered for my fourth, so as you can see prices seem to be tapering up. They only made like 580,000 of them, and you can bet many swiss households still have them.

Steve L.

They are ACCURATE too...

p.s. www.swissrifles.com has tremendous resources for swiss guns. They are the ar15.com of swissrifles.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:10:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2005 9:11:29 PM EDT by Pthfndr]
Allan's probably has the best. But at 50%-75% more $$. I've bought all mine from Allan and everyone was better than his description. The others are ok if you're willing to take the chance, and put in some effort to make it look good if it isn't in the best of condition.

<­BR>

Or you could buy one of mine for a lot more
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:27:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2005 10:27:58 PM EDT by Jerret]

Originally Posted By Blue84S10:
I've wanted a K31 for several years since I was introduced to the gun. Partially because my last name is Schmidt I've had a C&R license for about a year now and have only bought a Mosin, SKS and Mauser with it. Where's the best/cheapest place to buy one?

Me too, sadly no k31 in my collection. Ammo costs to damn much.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:04:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Jerret:

I'm never really worried about ammo because I only get the chance to go shooting a few times a year. I just make sure I have fun when I do it and it's worth it. Always good to see another Schmidt around
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:26:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2005 11:27:23 AM EDT by Jacketch]

Originally Posted By Jerret:

The price of ammo for the 7.5x55 Swiss carbine has been going down as the price of the rifles has been going up. Grafs has both GP11 (Berdan) and Privi Partizan (Boxer). Occasionally they have reloadable brass with Boxer primer pockets. Wolf has been promising Boxer primed brass ammo manufactured in Yugoslavia but it may be a future dream. As the popularity of the carbines goes up, the ammo manufactures have more incentive to produce for it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:30:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:00:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2005 9:03:06 PM EDT by eodtech2000]
I got mine from AIM, stock is a little dinged up but I could give a shit about that as the dings give it character. The machine work is outstanding!!! The SOB shoots, I was getting 2 inch groups at 100 yards and I could barely see the farking target clearly (Orange dots are worthless for iron sites).

I am reloading for it right now. You can run .284 Win brass through a 7.5 Swiss die to form it to 7.5 Swiss dimensions. I am loading a run of 20 using Winchester .284 Win brass, CCI BR Large Rifle Primers, 45 grs IMR-4064, and Nosler 155 gr Match bullets. I will see how well they shoot tomorrow at the Range.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:34:50 PM EDT
I'll add a K31 to my already too long of a wishlist. I'm not an accuracy freak so accuracy does not appeal to me, but the straight pull design and craftmanship does. Right now I got my homebuilt 1919 to practice with.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:33:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:11:42 PM EDT
Took mine out again today........let 3 other guys shoot it......now they all want one

I think SRD is worse than BRD........
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:16:12 PM EDT
ive bought 2 off allan 1 from aim for $79 and the other - cant remember. big5 stores have them on sale right now for $99. allans are definately nice + they come with a sling and muzzle protector.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:53:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 97guns:
ive bought 2 off allan 1 from aim for $79 and the other - cant remember. big5 stores have them on sale right now for $99. allans are definately nice + they come with a sling and muzzle protector.

I'd love to buy one from big 5 but I refuse to give the state $30 bucks for a DROS. That's what I got my C&R license for, screw the state.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:23:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 97guns:

I'd love to buy one from big 5 but I refuse to give the state $30 bucks for a DROS. That's what I got my C&R license for, screw the state.

Even though Allan charges for shipping (less per rifle if you get more than one), when you figure in the DROS fees and sales tax you pay here in CA, Allan's price looks pretty good. Especially when you consider that what you get is probably much better looking than what you get from Big 5, or any CA gunstore.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:26:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pthfndr:
Even though Allan charges for shipping (less per rifle if you get more than one), when you figure in the DROS fees and sales tax you pay here in CA, Allan's price looks pretty good. Especially when you consider that what you get is probably much better looking than what you get from Big 5, or any CA gunstore.

I'd be happy paying $30 in shipping just knowing I didn't pay any money to CA
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:57:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2005 10:58:19 PM EDT by Homeka45]
They're definitely on my wish list.
Top Top