Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 1:39:33 PM EDT
What's the best place to just get regular BDUs?  I'm looking for some OD pants and some of those 50/50 cotton/poly shirts.

Good/bad brands?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I have tons of  used,but not abused woodland BDUs,mostly all left it medium and small.
I have some brand new OD shirts,med & large.

I need to do inventory & see what all I have stored in spare bedrooms.

Recall having some new stuff,also tiger stripe,just havent had the time to go through it.

Also used web gear,all  this stuff came from local army navy store that went out of business.

TG

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:47:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I just stop by the supply cage and beg the Storekeeper for some. LOL

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Brigade Quartermaster

Been ordering from them for 15 years without a problem.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:54:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BDU.com

I've bought from them and been pleased.

edit-they sell Propper, which is good.

Ironic!

I hate Propper uniforms. Every one that I have purchased have turned out to be, well, less than satisfying. I washed a brand new set of Woodland BDU's, and the black turned purple, and the rest of the colors faded BAD. Needless to say, that uniform was promptly placed in the circular file.

I purchased the Subdued Urban BDU's from Propper, and after the first wash, it looked as if I had them for 5 years. Would have been better off getting the urban BDU's instead.................

Has this happened to you?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, Aimless!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What's the best place to just get regular BDUs?  I'm looking for some OD pants and some of those 50/50 cotton/poly shirts.

Good/bad brands?

Thanks!

I have 4 sets of issue uniforms I would be willing to part with.  I currently have 11 sets, need to turn in 4 sets and in August we are getting the new ACU's.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone bought the Propper ACUs sold on BDU.com?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:44:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Go to military surplus stores.  Get 'em cheap.  We're in the middle of switching to the ACU's.  They're alright.  The tan boots are gay.  I prefer having some pride in my appearance and nothing beats highly shined boots.

Ranger Joe's, US Cavalry, et. al. are all good sources.  Too, since you're in Wisconsin, try going to your local National Guard Armory and ask what they're doing with the BDU's that are getting switched out for ACU's.  Might find a deal and put some greenbacks in the hands of some weekend warriors.

Good luck,

SPC Richard A. WHite, Senior Medic
249th MP Detachment (EACF)
Camp Humphreys, ROK
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:00:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought a set of Propper BDUs from BDU.com for NG drill. I haven't been issued any uniforms yet and I've been in the Guard since July. They must be waiting to give me ACUs.

They're ok. I got the nylon/cotton ripstop which is supposed to be GI spec. I think the pockets are made of thinner material than GI spec BDUs, but they haven't faded yet. So far so good.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:57:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Turn them inside-out when you wash them just to be sure
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Turn them inside-out when you wash them just to be sure

That helps.

I have some Propper 100% cotton BDUs that look great after several washings.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Streichers has the new 5.11 TDU pants. They are BDU's without the slash pockets. I just ordered two pair to try out. I hate the slash pockets of the tactical pants but love the pants.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top