Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2002 7:38:03 PM EDT
I've been looking around for one of these, anyone have any leads?  Someone other than Tony at Town Police Supply, who either doesn't have any or is just too busy to return phone calls.

I've seen a couple listed for full $1K retail on the auction/sale boards, but naturally I am looking for that smokin' deal, somewhere between 7 bills and 8 . . . Help this po' country boy get into "precision shooting," thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Talk to Clint at Fulton Armory.  Click on the left menu for FN Police Arms, then the drop down to the  FN Spl Police Rifle.  I don't know about the "smokin' deal" though.  They were $799 when he started carrying them.

However the site now states "Orders Suspended
Pending New Model"  WTF?

Drop him an e-mail:  [email protected]  He's a good guy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
a local shop here has 2 on the wall for 769.00 NIB. Email me if you want the phone number. They look nice but a he has a 308 pss for 719.00. Not sure it would be worth 50.00 more.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:03:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys, emails sent.  Anyone else?  Help me before I go nuts and buy this too-expensive SSG I keep looking at . . .
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:a local shop here has 2 on the wall for 769.00 NIB. Email me if you want the phone number. They look nice but a he has a 308 pss for 719.00. Not sure it would be worth 50.00 more.

For that kind of scratch I will take a Remington PSS over a Winchester 70 (oops, I mean, "FN Police Rifle") any day of the week.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Not me, Ken.  I have heard too many people getting 2 MOA out of their PSS.  Some get 1/2 MOA of course, but the PSS of the last couple of years at least seem pretty inconsistent and if I want a crapshoot I'll go to Vegas.

Anyway, one point for the PSS, at least it is *available.*  The FN is made out of a rare alloy of unobtainium.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I am very interested in this FN Police Rifle! Educate me!

Is it really more accurrate than my PSS? That's what some guy at a gun show told me...

And what do you mean by "Winchester 70 (oops, I mean, "FN Police Rifle")"? Is the FN a copy of the winchester?

Thanks!
Dave
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#7]
It does appear to be a Winny 70 action.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 10:05:29 AM EDT
[#8]
There was a recent thread on this a couple of weeks ago, if you search you'll find it.

Basically it is a pre-64 Winchester action, heavy barrel with a synthetic stock.  Chrome bore, which usually detracts a bit from accuracy, but doesn't (supposedly) in this case.

You might also go to the Fulton Armory web page, and Gun Tests did a recent writeup in which they recommended it as a best buy.

The problem is finding one . . .
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#9]
[a local shop here has 2 on the wall for 769.00 NIB. Email me if you want the phone number. They look nice but a he has a 308 pss for 719.00. Not sure it would be worth 50.00 more.]
Can you post a phone# for this?
Thanks
Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top