Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/23/2020 3:47:02 PM
Posted: 4/5/2006 4:10:26 PM EDT
I only need one 10rd mag....where should I get it? I saw one at a gunshow once and it was like 50 bucks . I don't want to pay $50 for a single magazine.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:34:05 PM EDT
DSA has some seconds in their clearence section.  I bought one and it was perfect , I couldn't tell it was a second and it functions flawlessly.

Kirk-A3
www.dsarms.com
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:52:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kirk-A3:
DSA has some seconds in their clearence section.  I bought one and it was perfect , I couldn't tell it was a second and it functions flawlessly.

Kirk-A3
www.dsarms.com

EXCELLENT!  Thanks for the info. I ordered one along with a hammer trigger sear set, so now I can complete my rifle!! WOOT WOOT!! If you're ever in PRK, I owe you a beer!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:15:16 AM EDT
I just got one last week. Perfect condition.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:19:27 AM EDT
You can WECSOG one from a 20 rounder as well.  I bought 5 or 6 aluminum 20's and converted 2 to 10 rounds.  Just in case I wanted to hunt with it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:40:51 AM EDT
I ordered a 5 rnd, 10 rnds, and 2 30 rnd mags abotu two weeks ago.  Still haven't gotten them.  How long does DSA usually take?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:53:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/10/2006 3:53:41 PM EDT by MarkBall]
I have one I made out of a 20 rounder.  I put 5 rounds in the mag, slowly slid the floorplate back............

WATCH OUT FOR THAT SPRING ELMO!!!!!!!!!!

After I got myself up off the floor, went to the bathroom to change the shorts, I carefully measured the distance to the bottom of the follower.  I then took another spare mag & removed the follower, carefully profiled a small block of oak to fit the underside of the follower.  I then cut it off at the appropriate length (can't remember the actual length).

I then epoxied the wood block to the bottom of the floor plate after shaping it to fit inside the mag spring.  After it was all dried, I slid the follower back in, shoved that stupid, mutherphu**in,, absolutely won't go in.......... GAWD AWFUL SPRING!!!!!!!!!! into the mag body & slid the floor plate home.

Should have seen the local game warden when I had it out in the field.  He did ask about it, I showed him, 5 rounds in, no more.  He thought it was kind of cool.............don't know if it was the FAL or the mag.  He hadn't seen a "black rifle" in the field before.  But he did kind of like it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:54:58 PM EDT
I measured the front and rear height of an SR25 20 rounder and cut down an FAL mag body to the same numbers, leaving a little extra for the floor plate tabs.  Bent said tabs and reassembled.  10 round mag, 5 bucks and some time.  I need to make a mandrel to fit inside the body to speed up the tab bending process.  Then I could knock out 10 rounders at about 10 minutes a pop.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:54:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MarkBall:
I have one I made out of a 20 rounder.  I put 5 rounds in the mag, slowly slid the floorplate back............

WATCH OUT FOR THAT SPRING ELMO!!!!!!!!!!

After I got myself up off the floor, went to the bathroom to change the shorts, I carefully measured the distance to the bottom of the follower.  I then took another spare mag & removed the follower, carefully profiled a small block of oak to fit the underside of the follower.  I then cut it off at the appropriate length (can't remember the actual length).

I then epoxied the wood block to the bottom of the floor plate after shaping it to fit inside the mag spring.  After it was all dried, I slid the follower back in, shoved that stupid, mutherphu**in,, absolutely won't go in.......... GAWD AWFUL SPRING!!!!!!!!!! into the mag body & slid the floor plate home.

Should have seen the local game warden when I had it out in the field.  He did ask about it, I showed him, 5 rounds in, no more.  He thought it was kind of cool.............don't know if it was the FAL or the mag.  He hadn't seen a "black rifle" in the field before.  But he did kind of like it.

I had a conservation officer stop me and mine was much the same only I have a 10 round limit.  He actually never questioned the rifle or it's capacity just commented that it was a nice looking rifle and went on.  I think I'll still get the 5 round mag.  The 20 rounder is just long.  Mag was always poking me somewhere when I was moving.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:03:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PromptCritical:
I ordered a 5 rnd, 10 rnds, and 2 30 rnd mags abotu two weeks ago.  Still haven't gotten them.  How long does DSA usually take?

Mags shipped today...
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:53:37 PM EDT

Mags shipped today...

Damn 2 weeks to ship?
Top Top