Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2010 8:56:14 AM EDT
So I am in the beginning stages of starting my firearms manufacturing company and am going through doing a buisness plan. Right now I am trying to figure out what kind of profit margins I can make on complete lowers, rifles, and that sort of thing, and I am just getting around to figuring out pricing on individual parts. I have some ideas on where to call around for on things like barrels, uppers, lowers, ext but where I am drawing a blank is small items that comprise the LPK of an Ar15. My question is then is there somewhere that produces and sells these springs, detents, grips ext in bulk to all the other manufactures like colt, rock river arms, spikes ext, or does each company manufacture and market thier own kit. This seems unlikely to me, and I am betting there is on or two companies that produce and distribute to all these other manufactures. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. I would just like to make some initial contacts and find out pricing on these things by the hundreds, thousands and so on.

Thanks
Pat

Link Posted: 10/23/2010 5:53:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 9:52:15 AM EDT
[#2]
brownells.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#3]
DPMS, CMT or LMT.

If you are an FFL you want to go direct to the MFG for the best price no sense paying middle man markup.

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Exactly, i am trying to get to the original source of the parts, not buy them rebranded several times over and marked up each time. So do DPMS and LMT actually make thier own lpks? I will be making some calls this week, and i appreciate the help guys.

Pat
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 3:16:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Exactly, i am trying to get to the original source of the parts, not buy them rebranded several times over and marked up each time. So do DPMS and LMT actually make thier own lpks? I will be making some calls this week, and i appreciate the help guys.

Pat

DPMS just buys the parts.   not making anything themselves.

I would call CMT
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 4:26:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm pretty sure LMT makes their own. They do also offer making production runs of custom parts as well.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Bushmaster used to make their own. I was at their Windham location several times (years ago) and they had bins full of parts. Not sure about now.

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Pat

CMT & LMT yes, DPMS apparently not based on above post. LMT has 200 unit min last time I checked.

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#9]
awesome info guys, really appreciate it. Made some calls today, waiting to hear back. Ill keep everyone updated.

Pat
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 12:27:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pat

CMT & LMT yes, DPMS apparently not based on above post. LMT has 200 unit min last time I checked.

Yes you are correct.. it was a 200 minimum purchase for each of the LMT component that would make up a LPK.  Kind of surprise they don't kit them like other companies.
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top