Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2003 12:25:06 AM EDT
500A
12 ga. 18 1/2 inch barrel

Pretapped holes for front and rear sight.

Looking for night sights or a night bead sight.

I've Googled and looked at various links.  Can't seem to find one, only for Remingtons.

Anybody have a clue?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:54:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Mike, Are you saying that you have a 18" barrel or are you looking for a 18" barrel with sights?

Mossberg has two barrels on their web site with fiber optic sights. One is a 24" , blue fully rifled and the other is a smooth bore 24", camo. Both have the sights.

If you are looking for sights only I would call Mossberg direct and see what they have. MIKE.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#2]
  are you at all interested in a ghost ring type setup or do you want just a bead and something to line it up with.  Ive seen a few ghost ring setups that looked nice for our application.  As far as normal sights right now i just have one of those hi-viz brand front sights. its just a bead replacement so its not one with the long fiber optic tube. i have a heat shield on mine and at the reciever end it makes a little ridge in the center and that helps to make a more accuate shot in my experience.  the hi vis sight is only like 4 or 5 dollars so it wont be a real waste if you dont like it.  Its called the spark 2 frint sight.  ive thought about playing with the ise of installing some pistol sights on it but havent decided how thats going to work.        
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 18" barrel with tapped holes and the heat shield.  I bought it in a "tactical" set up used from someone.  I already looked on the Mossberg sight.  The hi viz may be an option.  Where can I find one of those?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#4]
 you can get the hi vis sight at walmart or hunting shops.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#5]
what is the thread size of the front sight?  I always find those beaded night sights for Remington or they have the thread size listed but I'm not sure if they are the proper thread size for my Mossberg, anybody know the answer to this?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:08:15 AM EDT
[#6]
go to www.mossberg.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top