Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2016 4:31:58 PM EDT
Running out of Win231.  Bought an 8 lb keg some years back and am down to the last lb, and since there really is no place within an hour of me that sells powder, that leaves online shopping for the most part, and also leaves the HazMat charge in place  W.it shipping added, thats like an extra $50.00 to your order.

Where are most of you getting your powder and primers from?  gunshows? LGS? biting the bullet and paying the high shipping costs?
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm getting all powders and primers from LGS.

Have 3 within 40 minute drive with excellent stocks and prices.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#2]
i just got 8# from powder valley.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Always good to have a backup powder in case your primary is unavailable. Those extra cost are just nuts. Have had luck on group purchases too. Best to do a group purchase to share the extra costs if possible.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Bite the hazmat and shipping cost.

If you order at least 8lbs of powder you will be close to local cost.

Shop around online, some only charge 20USD hazmat and 5USD shipping.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I have several big name sports stores close by that have lots of powder usually. (Cabelas/sportsmans warehouse/scheels), But I've also bought powder online with a couple people so it balances out the hazmat fee.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Powder Valley, or the gun show that rotates through my area every 2-3 months.

(at least until (fingers crossed!) Cabela's finally breaks ground for the new store expected to open in my area in the next year or so.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Powder Valley.  I buy bulk though.  My last order was for 24# of powder and 10K primers.

I've been reloading for all of 3 months.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Powder Valley, LGS, and even (recently) a couple of big-box sporting goods stores.  Shopping is a good thing - it lets you know when you see a price that's a deal, or that it's the opposite of a deal.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Syatem Message
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top