Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 10/21/2013 2:59:46 PM EST
Hi guys! I have looked around CMP but haven't seen any on there site. Anyways, as my title suggests, where should I be looking for Garands in great condition? I do have a budget in mind but to be honest its flexible if I can pick up a few in great condition. I would like to have a Springfield but I know that's not always the case. Anyways, what would yall suggest? Thank you!
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:12:32 PM EST
http://www.m1garand.com/m1-garand/m1-garand-rifle-sale/
Orion 7, from Long Island NY.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:16:38 PM EST
Originally Posted By Cag40Navy:
Hi guys! I have looked around CMP but haven't seen any on there site. Anyways, as my title suggests, where should I be looking for Garands in great condition? I do have a budget in mind but to be honest its flexible if I can pick up a few in great condition. I would like to have a Springfield but I know that's not always the case. Anyways, what would yall suggest? Thank you!
View Quote

The CMP has HRA Service Grades and Springfield Service Grade Specials. They also have auctions for the higher end ones, but they can get pricey depending on what you want. The Service Grade Specials are pretty much new with a Criterion barrel and new stock for right at $1000, plus you can get one with either a Springfield or HRA receiver.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:32:11 PM EST
You just can't beat the CMP. Check their forums out as well, lot's of deals to be found there
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 10:00:42 PM EST
Your best bet will probably be the CMP Service Grade Special. Not the Service Grade, not the Special Grade, the Service Grade Special. Those are basically new metal that had no wood, so they put current production new wood on them and are selling them that way. Although they only list HRA now, they were selling SA too, and I think they still come across one every once in a while. If you include a note stating you will take a SA if they have one, they may send it to you.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 12:10:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/24/2013 1:39:23 PM EST by dnmccoy]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ChiefBrody:
http://www.m1garand.com/m1-garand/m1-garand-rifle-sale/
Orion 7, from Long Island NY.
View Quote

Ive dealt with Mr Pucci in the past and he is top notch, but I wont be sending another dime to new york if it can be avoided
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 3:55:15 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/22/2013 4:28:58 PM EST by jaroot]
SA SGS guns are gone. CMP doesn't expect to find anymore. Get a HRA SGS and request one with an LMR barrel. Best hurry though the HRA SGS supply is running close to kaput. These guns will be more valuable I the future than a mixmaster SG. Especially if you find a correct DOD cartouche stock for it and make it a correct / collector class of rifle. I have 3, one SA, one HRA and one HRA with LMR barrel. Think the SA is looking for a new home in anticipation of the IHC release next year.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:08:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/22/2013 4:14:48 PM EST by hamourkiller]
View Quote

The very best deal in the M1 world is the CMP HRA service grade special. Essentially it is a brand new 1955is era rifle. Which had the wood removed for what ever reason and the weapon was put back into the crate until CMP puts new wood on it and sells it as the HRA Service Grade Special. They will have it to your door in about 30-40 days. Most go after the regular service grades and they are waiting for 3 months or so. When you open the case on the HRASSP you will not be disappointed! Here is the sales page info
RM1HRASSPM1 Garand, Service Grade HRA (Harrington & Richardson) Special.
Allow 60-120 days for delivery.(AS I SAID THE ACTUAL TIME SEEMS TO BE 30-40 DAYS FOR THIS GRADE)
HRA collector grade metal in excellent almost new condition. Walnut stocks and handguards and associated hardware are new manufacture. NOT original HRA manufacture.
$950 Effective 1-3-2012
S&H $24.95 per rifle

I have put my money down on 4 of them, 2 SA and 2 HRA. The pictures are of the HRA's delivered first of August. Put my order in in Late June and had them by first week of August

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a178/HamourKiller/IMG_0677.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a178/HamourKiller/653.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a178/HamourKiller/IMG_0679.jpg
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:49:11 AM EST
I was amazed when I opened my CMP Service Grade Special (HRA). It really does look like a brand new gun. the stock IS new, and I guess I didn't appreciate the description of "collector grade" metal when I ordered it (so wasn't expecting it to be as nice as it is). It looks like new manufacture. VERY happy with it
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:22:30 PM EST
Originally Posted By bsmith918:

The CMP has HRA Service Grades and Springfield Service Grade Specials. They also have auctions for the higher end ones, but they can get pricey depending on what you want. The Service Grade Specials are pretty much new with a Criterion barrel and new stock for right at $1000, plus you can get one with either a Springfield or HRA receiver.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bsmith918:

Little correction, then SGS does not use a Criterion barrel, the Special uses the Criterion barrel, and the CMP has been out of SA SGSs for quite awhile.

I agree with most of the posters above, a HRA SGS from CMP is probably the best deal going in a nice new condition M1.
Top Top