Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/17/2008 7:26:46 PM EST
So I have my trust paperwork back from my lawyer, and I need to sign in all the appropriate spots with two witnesses and a notary. I went to my bank today (Regions) to try there, and was told that they don't notarize trusts because it was some sort of conflict of interests. I think they were just being dicks, but I can't confirm this. So now I'm not really sure where to go to get the notary stamp so i can fax it back to my lawyer for approval. Post office maybe? Any advice would be appreciated. Ya'll rule, in advance.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:40:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/17/2008 7:42:06 PM EST by PFC_Kramer]
weird my CU did mine for no cost. I think you can contact your local city clerk and ask them who can notarize as well.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:51:26 PM EST
Take it to the court house. Normally the secretary in the records room can notarize it for minimal cost. If your lawyer is close by, run it by his/her office. Almost all paralegals are certified notaries.

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:00:05 PM EST
I probably should take it by my lawyer's office, but I've never actually been there, and it's at least 30-45 minutes away. We've only spoken via email, and phone calls. Thats probably the best course of action, with the courthouse as a backup. Thanks ya'll.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:34:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/17/2008 9:36:23 PM EST by ybh_613]
C. S. desk at your local bank. Most times for free.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:53:35 AM EST
What part of Florida are you in, I am a notary and would be happy to help.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:52:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/18/2008 2:52:59 PM EST by bobmysterious]
I'm in Boca Raton. How close are you? I'd sure appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:28:18 PM EST
I have gotten stuff notorized at a UPS store. Try them or a kinkos or a printing place. Just call up and ask. I have used them for firearm related purposes in the past.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:32:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By bobmysterious:
I'm in Boca Raton. How close are you? I'd sure appreciate the help.

Unfortunately I am in Orlando. If you are coming this way I would be happy to help but you probably would pass 10,000 notaries on your way.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:13:07 PM EST
Got mine done at my bank today. No questions asked. Nationally known bank.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:26:03 PM EST
look in the phone book for notary

...you do have a phone book, right?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:31:51 PM EST
I got mine done at a UPS store. The funny part is the Notary's name, Nikki Fantasia. I wanted to ask her if it was a front for a strip club, but I didn't want to be an asshole.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:11:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By bobmysterious:
So I have my trust paperwork back from my lawyer, and I need to sign in all the appropriate spots with two witnesses and a notary. I went to my bank today (Regions) to try there, and was told that they don't notarize trusts because it was some sort of conflict of interests. I think they were just being dicks, but I can't confirm this. So now I'm not really sure where to go to get the notary stamp so i can fax it back to my lawyer for approval. Post office maybe? Any advice would be appreciated. Ya'll rule, in advance.

I bank with them and they did mine with a smile and a free sucker....
Top Top