Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2008 8:26:46 PM EDT
So I have my trust paperwork back from my lawyer, and I need to sign in all the appropriate spots with two witnesses and a notary.  I went to my bank today (Regions) to try there, and was told that they don't notarize trusts because it was some sort of conflict of interests. I think they were just being dicks, but I can't confirm this.  So now I'm not really sure where to go to get the notary stamp so i can fax it back to my lawyer for approval.  Post office maybe?  Any advice would be appreciated.  Ya'll rule, in advance.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#1]
weird my CU did mine for no cost. I think you can contact your local city clerk and ask them who can notarize as well.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Take it to the court house.  Normally the secretary in the records room can notarize it for minimal cost.  If your lawyer is close by, run it by his/her office.  Almost all paralegals are certified notaries.

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I probably should take it by my lawyer's office, but I've never actually been there, and it's at least 30-45 minutes away.  We've only spoken via email, and phone calls.  Thats probably the best course of action, with the courthouse as a backup.  Thanks ya'll.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#4]
C. S. desk at your local bank. Most times for free.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:53:35 AM EDT
[#5]
What part of Florida are you in, I am a notary and would be happy to help.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in Boca Raton.  How close are you?  I'd sure appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I have gotten stuff notorized at a UPS store. Try them or a kinkos or a printing place. Just call up and ask. I have used them for firearm related purposes in the past.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm in Boca Raton.  How close are you?  I'd sure appreciate the help.

Unfortunately I am in Orlando.  If you are coming this way I would be happy to help but you probably would pass 10,000 notaries on your way.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Got mine done at my bank today. No questions asked. Nationally known bank.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#10]
look in the phone book for notary

...you do have a phone book, right?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I got mine done at a UPS store. The funny part is the Notary's name, Nikki Fantasia. I wanted to ask her if it was a front for a strip club, but I didn't want to be an asshole.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So I have my trust paperwork back from my lawyer, and I need to sign in all the appropriate spots with two witnesses and a notary.  I went to my bank today (Regions) to try there, and was told that they don't notarize trusts because it was some sort of conflict of interests. I think they were just being dicks, but I can't confirm this.  So now I'm not really sure where to go to get the notary stamp so i can fax it back to my lawyer for approval.  Post office maybe?  Any advice would be appreciated.  Ya'll rule, in advance.  

I bank with them and they did mine with a smile and a free sucker....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top