Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 5:01:24 PM EDT
Posted this in another forum but no response so hopefully someone can help me here.

Anyone has any idea where I can either purchase or have custom maded housing for my IR laser diode pointer / aimer? (Housing which one can insert or have install into a housing)

It's an OEM unit w/ bare wire leads, dimensions = 1.5" Length x 0.5" diameter of body and 4.5" wire leads. Has threads on adjustable IR lens (width of point). Wavelength = 980nm IR, Power Output = 36mW, Power source = 3V.

Spec required of housing:

Wavelength: 980nm IR
Power output: 36mW
Power source: 3V (either CR123 or (2) AA batteries
Beam focus, adjustable: adjustable for windage and elevation, point
Operation of housing switch: constant on/off, pressure-pad operated, pulse (optional)
Mount: picatinny rail mount or ring-mounted w/ picantinny rail mount.

Must be weatherproof/waterproof and shock-proof to rifle (at least .308) or pistol recoil (at least .45acp)

Appreciate any help...thnx.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:35:11 AM EDT
[#1]
The easiest way would be to make your own. If you have aluminum tube of the appropriate diameter and a drill press oyu can make a housing with O-rings as the shock suppression. Use set-screws for the adjustments.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:57:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The easiest way would be to make your own. If you have aluminum tube of the appropriate diameter and a drill press oyu can make a housing with O-rings as the shock suppression. Use set-screws for the adjustments.

I was beginning to think that is what I may have to make such a housing.  I need to make one to be able to house the battery compartment too then.

Any suggestion where to buy stainless set screws?

thnx for the very useful input and ideas.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:35:24 PM EDT
[#4]
The best place in the world for specialized fasteners, gizmos and widgets is Small Parts Inc. They have a website that allows you to order all of their catalogs for free. There's a shitload of them, like little phone books-everything from screws to gears to o-rings to hypodermic tubing to raw materials.

Dave
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#5]
No longer have the time to do this so it's for sale in the Optics section.

IR laser diode FS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top