Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2009 6:43:22 PM EDT
Like the title says, I am wondering if these parts are available, and if so where?

Top mount

Base to fit hex receiver
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Reproductions are easy to find-Accumounts has those for about $300

Originals are not so easy,as they are highly sought after.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Alright, which is a better mount, and which is easier to install? This mount or the side mount?
Also, does anyone make the side mount with 1 inch rings?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Alright, which is a better mount, and which is easier to install? This mount or the side mount?
Also, does anyone make the side mount with 1 inch rings?

If you are referring to the PU side mount, I think I've seen them with one inch rings. Check Ebay. Not sure if Accumounts has those, or not. I don't see them listed. Having done both on restored ex-snipers, I would say that the PU side mount is much easier to install than the PE top mount, but more inletting is required on the stock.  If you're referring to the PEM side mount, they don't make them with one inch rings and, if you can find them, they are about $400, just for the base/mount. I had someone else do my PEM restoration, so I can't say if it's easier/harder. I would think it would be little different than a PU mount.

Forgot to add; the PU side mount is also much more forgiving, as it's adjustable. with the PE top mount, you're pretty much screwed if you don't get it aligned/leveled properly, since there's no way to really adjust it. Making swiss cheese of a collectible military firearm is usually looked down upon.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I just did some checking around and I see that Accumounts does have a 1 inch PU mount listed on Ebay, but not on their site. I would suggest going to their site and either calling/emailing John. He should be able to set you up with what you need. I can highly recommend them Always extremely fast and helpful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top