Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2002 9:53:39 AM EDT
Any one have any idea where to find one? I looked on the remington law enforcement page and could not find it. Or if it is available in 300 RSUM?

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Everywhere.  The .300 Winchester magnum is popular.

Look on the "FOR SALE" board here, as well as on snipercountry.com.  Check the gunbroker.com and auctionarms.com auction sites too.

Heck, you could get it ordered from your local FFL.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I think HM is looking for a 300 Winchester Short Magnum.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Correct, I want a short action 300. Winchester or Remington does not matter. Mainly I am wanting the bull barrel in 300WSM or Remington short ultra mag and am not real concerned about the stock as I will have to replace it anyway.

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 12:51:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 10:12:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe a PS in 308 Win, open the bolt face, work the feed rails and rechamber?
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 10:22:01 PM EDT
[#6]
www.remingtonle.com

www.remingtonle.com/home/le_home.htm

hmmm...
neither one of these are working tonight,strange!

might window shop at www.gunsamerica.com
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
REMINGTON is not making rifles in WINCHESTER short magnum, because they have a completing "short magnum" cartridge they are trying to get standardized/accepted *instead* of the Winchester offering.  It's called the Remington Short-Action Ultra Magnum, or SAUM.

www.remington.com/firearms/centerfire/sa_ultramag.htm

-Troy

Thanks Troy I was trying to find the Rem version of the 300WSM. HAs anyone tried the Remington?? I have tried the WSM and like it alot, but I remain open minded.

Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I think Remington isn't offering the WSM because it's TOO LONG for the Remington short-action, by a CH...( I think this is correct)

Clever marketing by USRAC to make their new mags unfitting for the Remington Model 7 or the 700 short-action.
Remington's Model 7 is the shortest short action, though.

I bet they'll offer the 700 Police in .300 Remington ShortActionUltraMagnum.

How could they NOT?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top