Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/18/2004 8:21:49 PM EST
I'm thinking about adding a light to my home defense 870 #5077. Where is the best place to pick up a surefire forend with light? I checked the EE and didn't see anything. What do they go for?

Thanks guys. Also, if anyone has one for sale, let me know.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:38:42 AM EST
Three places come to mind immediately...all are straight up, excellent to deal with and all are supporters of this site...

BrightFlashlights

G&R Tactical

MSTN

You will need to email any / all to get the best price since SureFire has a minimum advertised price that is usually higher than you can buy it for.

Check the Industry Forum as well as the Lights / Lasers section of the AR15 Forums.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:49:13 PM EST
Keep an eye out or do a search in the EE. See them there often
Chris
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:11:09 PM EST
www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=142

BrightFlashlights is cool, send him an email for a price quote.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:59:40 AM EST
I can't recommend Brightflashlights enough. They do business the old fashioned way.............you dont find many like them anymore.

JH94
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:48:13 PM EST
Sent him an email. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:42:42 AM EST
I haven't received a return email but from what I gather, the forend with surefire seems to run about $200 or so. Is there any other options to mount a light to the 870 that is less expensive?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:39:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By Teknic:
I haven't received a return email but from what I gather, the forend with surefire seems to run about $200 or so. Is there any other options to mount a light to the 870 that is less expensive?

The shotgun...particularly the pump shotgun...really needs a dedicated fore end light. Nothing out there comes close to the SureFire. Agreed, they are expensive, but a good, powerful, white light is something that is extremely valuable in a serious confrontation, and if you want one to use in conjunction with a pump shotgun held in a ready-to-fire condition, the SureFire is worth the bucks. JMO
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:30:24 AM EST
I have one of the older models that doesn't have the constant-on switch if you would like to buy it for $110 + $10 shipping. It works fine and I haven't had any problems with it. It was used on my 870 at work for years and I just replaced it with the model that has a constant-on switch. I found that I sometimes need the constant-on when doing building searches and such and I need a free hand to open a dor or whatever.
Top Top