Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2008 11:09:52 AM EDT
Russia has been sending us huge numbers of RC 98Ks in recent years. They must have Lugers also. So why aren't they being imported?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#1]
The Russians want more than the importers are willing to pay.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#2]
as for Lugers, id say less are available than a person would hope. not to mention, they'd be all russianized like the RC k98s are.  id think P38s would be more likely than lugers.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#3]
RC Lugers actually came in a few years before we started seeing RC Mausers.

Century used to sell them for about $300 a pop in the mid to late 90's.

They haven't been around for several years now.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I would say 3-4 years ago we saw lugers for 700-900 hundred we had a mix of finnish and RC german lugers in that batch. It was some nice stuff from what I saw and would have made very good shooters.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Russia has been sending us huge numbers of RC 98Ks in recent years. They must have Lugers also. So why aren't they being imported?

You're about 10-12 years too late. This one came from SOG in 1997 for $275 missing the magazine and grips. I snatched it off a table at the dealer's outlet in Lebanon, Ohio before anyone else could get it. Has only 3 mis-match parts (plus the grips & magazine). 1936 S/42 made by Mauser Oberndorf.
These grip panels are Vintage Arms BYF42 reproductions. They work better than repro walnut.

Shooting a Luger is very cool. Very different than a Browning Hipower or Astra or Star or S&W. The mechanical design of the Luger absorbs a lot of recoil in the movement of the upper "cannon". Its very fast and recovery is excellent because the line of sight is so low in the hand. There's no slide weight to cause muzzle flip. I really like shooting this one but I worry about breaking parts. The extractor in this one was new and never *fit* so I had to learn how to do that before it would shoot.

There are 2 negatives to a Luger.
1- lousy sights.
2- only 8 rd magazine. You run out of ammo too fast:).

Dutch
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top