Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2005 11:51:58 AM EDT
Isnt the P90 supposed to be released by now?  What happened?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Sept/Oct timeframe. Followed a month later by the 2000.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it still looking like mid/late oct is when the PS90 will start shipping....are you on a pre-order list somewhere? even impact guns who will get a lions share of the allocation has posted on thier forum that if you got on the order list as late as 05-05 that it may be 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2006 before you get one due to the number pre ordered. Now of course there are other places that will get them in.....but still if you didnt get in on it early, the chances of you having one right off the bat isnt good.
Rhineland arms is also coming out with two new carbines chambered for 5.7 and will use the FN magazines and will be in the 550.00 range
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I only want one when they release them with integral lasers sights and railed uppers.  Not interested in the iron sighted version.  Will wait for those but want them to hurry up so everyone gets tired of them and quits ordering them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#4]
though it has a set of emergency iron sights, it is equipped with a day /night (tridium)optical sight made in the UK called a MC10-80 ...that can be removed and a rail put in its place for a dot scope of your own choseing......there has been no talk of producing a triple rail with built in laser for
the general public.....and on the govt full autos the built in laser is 8mw which we cant have (5mw max) and it adds 600 dollars+ to the cost. Ouch.

http://remtek.com/arms/fn/p90/sights/

and the factory site for the MC10-80 sight unit.
http://www.ringsights.com/Products/sights/SightsDesc/MC-10-80.htm
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#5]
The laser is selectable from civy legal to the 8mW setting via a switch inside the frame.  It could easily be adapted to civilian only use.  Also I have no use for a P90 with no light on it and need a side rail.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:43:09 PM EDT
[#6]
whats the price running around to again for the P90s and the P2000? $1500+?

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#7]
the other setting on the laser is called training mode....and a rail screws on the right side of any of them despite what sights you have.

the price keeps climbing on these two...PS90 is averaging 1475.00 right now, and the FS2000 is about 1875.00
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:59:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll have to wait to see what they look like before I buy something like this.

Max
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I dunno where to post this, but here works:

I'm a Graduate Student. One of my fellow Grad Students is an older gentleman who served in Vietnam and is now a teacher, and getting his MA in History. His son is an engineer at FN. Worked on the 249. Anyway, I asked him if he could ask his son about the civilian P90 and F2000. He talked to his son, and it turns out his son designed the 16 inch barrel for the P90. He didn't know what the delivery date was (not his department), but that he and his coworkers were really excited about the project. Apparently it's a Big Deal there.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd probably want to get one if the price wasn't SO much.  Maybe in a couple years, I can get one secondhand in a couple years.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:18:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Spade, some of us is going to try the SBR route with this gun(PS90) and were wondering just how much aside from the longer lenth did they change that barrel up in the part that goes into the receiver. as in..is it changed soo much that a factory P90 barrel wouldnt work at all in a PS90 receiver.(also heard there is now some kind of shroud on the barrel. Wish we knew what would be the best route to go with the SBR, to make it look like a regular P90...I got form 1's just waiting for the serial number.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:22:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top