Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/8/2005 2:47:25 AM EDT
If you hit the road for a while, and there is nobody left at home, where do the guns go?

Won't Mr. Burglar have plenty of time to crack your safe since nobody else is around?

Should you take your most precious firearms with you, or is it safer to leave them at home?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:52:16 AM EDT
leave them in the safe and hope the burgler alarm catches him before he gets to the safe to mutch weight to take all of them with me
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:36:31 AM EDT
I don't know about you guys, but I was told by a democrat one time, that my guns go out on horrible killing sprees if I leave them alone.. So I never leave the house..
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:59:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By coltshorty14:
I don't know about you guys, but I was told by a democrat one time, that my guns go out on horrible killing sprees if I leave them alone.. So I never leave the house..

LOL.

` 45
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:02:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gearjammer:
leave them in the safe and hope the burgler alarm catches him before he gets to the safe to mutch weight to take all of them with me

+1 get the heaviest safe you can afford/your floor can support.

About six or 7 years ago, worked a string of commercial burglaries where the store safes were taken from the scene. Needless to say, thanks to some good detective work, the suspect was tracked down. The suspect was caught and in confession, stated that he "carried" off the safes by himself. We figured that there was a 3 man crew. This one man was able to lift, carry, and load a 450lbs safe onto the bed of his pickup truck. We didn't believe him until he gave us a demonstration. He was 6'3", 250lbs, and strong as an ox.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:09:54 AM EDT
Guns stay in the safe (one's I don't have w/ me), as to what'll happen to those trying to break into my safe???

I Terminate 'em.........

www.stopthecrime.com/prod-terminator.htm

Mike
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:37:04 AM EDT
If the trip will be short, I cram everything that we are not taking with us into the safe.

If the trip will be really long, I usually try to impose on one of my friends who will both be home and has superior security to store the items of highest monetary and sentimental value.

On the road we usually have 2 pistols with us. If we go slighty farther afield, I bring the AR, also.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:19:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2005 12:19:51 PM EDT by axl]
I pull all the bolts and trigger groups off and seperate the slides from the frames, lock them in a box and bring to neighbor's house. Makes the guns worthless.

rk
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:19:40 PM EDT
My safe has a nice surprise for thieves.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:24:13 PM EDT
I always carry a pistol when out & about and when on the road carry any 1 or often 2 extra items - a Thompson &/or a CAR 15. Everything else is in 2 safes, 1 large and 1 Very large. I also have good neighbors all the way around who also keep an eye on my place when I'm gone.
Sarge
Top Top