Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 6:56:24 PM EDT
I' ve had my SA M1A for a few years now, and put about 500-600 rounds through a new krieger heavy.  It has feeding problems at rapid fire:

-The rounds will not seat in the bolt properly, the rim of the shell is not being "grabbed" by the bolt.
 This happens during rapid fire.  Do I need a new bolt or extractor?  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:00:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Break down the bolt and clean thoroughly.  Consider a USGI extractor.  

Could also be a mag problem if you aren't using USGI mags.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#3]
ntxt.....
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#4]
E mail sent.  Do you mean the bolt does not close all the way into battery, but the round was stripped and pushed into the chamber?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:10:47 AM EDT
[#5]
If the bolt isn't closing all the way........that sounds like a binding or possibly weak op rod spring.

Do you have extraction problems?

ETA: You will probably not need a new bolt. Like was said earlier, replace the extractor if needed with USGI, and you should be good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top