Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2010 4:04:48 PM EDT
Just wondering what type of stocks people are using and having some decent luck with. So far on my Mossberg 590 I've tried the Mesa LOW kit, thought it was OK, and a Hogue 12 LOP stock, which is just way to short for me, arms are too damn long. So tell me gentlemen, what do you have/ have used that you like?
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Try a Speedfeed Youth.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#2]
The factory field stock.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 1:31:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Speedfeed stock with a pistol grip works great for me for HD set up. If going hunting, no pistol grip. I suspect the AR type collapsable stocks for shotguns are more tacticool than tactical. Unless you wear body armor, then its a useful option.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:25:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Speedfeed IV.  Pistol grip, full stock, no cheesy shell holder.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 3:39:16 AM EDT
[#5]
The Choate fixed P/G stock is the best I have used and have it on all three of my Mossy Mariner pumps. The LOP is adjustable to a little less than 13" by removing fixed blocks from underneath the rubber butt pad, which is also a very nice touch and saves welts when shooting slugs and buck rounds.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 11:07:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Choate fixed P/G stock is the best I have used and have it on all three of my Mossy Mariner pumps. The LOP is adjustable to a little less than 13" by removing fixed blocks from underneath the rubber butt pad, which is also a very nice touch and saves welts when shooting slugs and buck rounds.

Think I'm going to try out the Choate Mk 5 Conventional stock, like how it has an adjustable LOP. I'll let you guys know how it goes once I get my order from Midway.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Speedfeed IV-S for a pistol gripped stock

Cut down 870P walnut stock to 12.5" for a conventional stock.
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 2:28:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Cut down 870P walnut stock to 12.5" for a conventional stock.

^ This but with 13" LOP and Limbsaver pad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top