Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 9/18/2009 9:19:21 AM EDT

I have a friend that got one a while back and absolutely loves it.  He took it on a hog hunt and the rifle fell out of the Polaris and the scope hit a rock.  It made the variable magnification ring stick because of the dint it sustained.  IOR took it back and swapped him a new one.  They are up there in price between the Leupold and Zeiss.  He owns scopes from pretty much all the high end types and this is the one he said he would pick over them all ..... anybody have any info / stories / suggestions about this scope brand?  Just looking to see if anyone has had first hand experience that I can compare it to.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I own two IOR's and love them both.  They are great scopes, like you said not cheap, but high quality never is.

I'm a "good glass eliteist", and to me IOR are right up there in quality to S&B, Khales, Swarvoski, Mk4 Leupolds, etc.

Nightforce has a good rep, but I've never used one or even looked though one yet.

In my opinion IOR are a great choice and well worth it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I currently have two of the 4-14x56 Ultras with the 40mm tube and swear by them. It is currently used on my .408 up to 2000m. My spotter uses a Zeiss 60x to help with adjustments and there is little mirage effect which plagues most optics more than 14x in the sandbox. Reliability has been great and so far the two is one, one is none hasn't been an issue. I occasionally loan the spare to other teams that are more than pleased with the light gathering capabilities especially once attached to our PVS-14s. It can go to about 600M+ on a good moonlight night and some IR Lighting with clear target detection and interdiction capabilities.

Can’t wait to try out their new 4-28x56, however, that will have to wait until I get a lot more cash.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Think they will hold up to the punishment of a 50?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I want the fucking IOR Pitbull!  Sadly, I'm broke-ish.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Think they will hold up to the punishment of a 50?

yes they will, the 10x56 non illuminated is designed for the 50
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top