Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2002 5:05:02 PM EST
I have a couple cheap Uncle Mike's for the USP, and they leave quite a bit to be desired. I think I will start using the 1911 for CCW as well, and would like to improve my holster situation. All advice is welcome.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:10:39 PM EST
I have a DeSantis Cozy Partner. Nice holster that solidly holds a full size 1911 in place without digging into me.

I bought it at Hoffmans on the Berlin Turn Pike. It costed about $40.00. can't beat that cost for a high quality leather holster.

OSA
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 6:13:18 PM EST
www.miltsparks.com/

Great quality, reasonable cost. The waiting period can run a couple of months though.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:50:18 PM EST
Milt Sparks, Lou Alessi, Andy Arratoonian.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:25:24 AM EST
I have an on-the-belt holster made by Sam Andrews for my USP and it works great so long as I can cover the gun with something like a light jacket. I prefer to carry strongside, on the belt with all my handguns, and do not want any straps, flaps or buckles in the way of a concealed draw. This requires a well designed holster. Sig230 and others have a good point when they recommend a really good belt as the first item to purchase when considering a concealed carry system. Not that you would, but you can do better with a flimsy, "chicken hide" holster on a well designed and built belt than vice versa. That said, you can't make the USP into something it isn't. A large, blocky handgun is going to be more of a challenge to conceal than a smaller, thinner weapon, and, once the "new" wears off, carrying a gun ALL the time can get really old. My favorite holster maker is "Wild Bill" Bowden. Excellent quality at reasonable prices...however...like many other makers, he usually cannot deliver without a wait.

http://www.wildbillsconcealment.com/
Top Top