Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2008 2:51:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/17/2008 2:52:13 PM EDT by GreyGhost]
I've got a NIB 93 from this post NIB HK93 and I was wondering what are the LEGAL steps to convert it over to F/A?

1.I know I'll need a sear.If you buy one that is not already in a host weapon do they usually come already installed in the trigger group housing?

2.I've got a HK93,HK91,SAR8,and a Vector V93.If I have a sear pack that's registered in .223 and .308,is it just a matter of switching my trigger group with the F/A sear around to whichever weapon I want to make into a host for F/A?

3.If there are mods to be performed who is recommended?I've never really payed that much attention to the F/A aspects of HK's but I do know that Fleming and Terry Dyer are names I have always seen.

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:09:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/18/2008 12:19:22 PM EDT by Clicker58]
#1 - You could buy just the sear and it would have to be installed in a pack, in most cases this is best left up to a HK savvy smith. In other cases the sear is already installed in a trigger pack and it's "plug & play". These registered sears can be set up in SEF or burst packs.

There are registered trigger packs out there that were manufactured by DLO, Neal Smith & LaFrance. There may be others I'm not sure. IIRC Doug & Neal modified FA packs and used all standard HK FA internals. LaFrance packs appear to be semi packs and use a massive "sear" of his own design in the pack along with a retimed hammer. With any of these the metal trigger pack is the registered part and any of the FCG components can be replaced. The pack is then placed into the lower housing and installed on the host weapon. Most of the registered packs are set up as SEF packs not burst packs. *Edit to add they can be set up as burst but it is costly & requires  mods to the pack.

#2 - Yes you can swap the pack into any host gun you like. You'll need a FA carrier and the proper ejector lever also. Some folks swap the hammer spring too depending on calibers, rifle (223/308) or pistol (9mm, 40/10mm). Don't worry about the caliber designation for the sear it can be used in any caliber weapon.

#3 - Depends on how long you are willing to wait. Plenty of good smiths out there. I'm sure others will chime in here.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:06:52 AM EDT
Thank You Sir!!!
Top Top