Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2002 9:06:27 AM EDT
I'm going to be out of state for a while, so I'm gonna take advantage... Stamped steel verses Milled receiver... any real difference in performance or durability? What's a good brand name? Mind you, this has to be 7.62 ruskie, not NATO, not .223 or .240sumthin. I want something that will actually take a 30rd. mag. (I hear some of the new ones only take ten-rounders)

What's a good price?
What's a good brand?
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:07:14 AM EDT
[#1]
...oh yeah, and made in america,if possible.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:30:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I can recommend the Arsenal, Inc. SA-M7S. Probably the best made-in-the-US AK yuo can buy. In fact, I'd venture that it's the best AK, period. I base this on a 2 main factors:

1) Arsenal's are based on the Bulgarian AK's, which utilize milled receivers, as opposed to stamped. Beyond appearance, this difference is otherwise indiscernable to the end user. But, milled receivers are stronger & a little heavier (better recoil dampening).

Roughly $750.00 - a little more than the $300.00 Ak's out there, but definitely worth it, IMO.

2) Arsenal is licensed by the actual AK firm in Bugaria to mfg. their AK's, & even uses some of the original set & tolerance guages from said factory in the mfg. process.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top