Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2002 4:59:23 PM EDT
I'm looking for a durable "paint" to paint my front sight white, for faster acquisition of my front sight in CQB settings.

Any suggestions????
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#2]
How'se about Tritium ya cheap phuk
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
What color are you trying to paint it?

I just use flat black spray paint to crisp up my site picture.  It darkens up the front post and site ears.  Just a couple of blasts every few months while i'm out shooting.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#4]
i always use testors model paint. the colors
are very crisp & bright. i usually just stick
with the white.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#5]
The best thing I've found is the Bright Sights paint that comes in little jars.  The stuff is like $5.00 for a tiny jar but the jar will probably last a lifetime.

I have used other paints to try to touch up my sights but they didn't hold up, or got dirty too quick, or just flaked off.

I like the Bright Sights stuff because it is nice and thick, which makes application much easier... use a toothpick to put a fat bead of it in the 3-dot sights, and it's indistinguishable from a factory job.  Also, the stuff is very glossy so it repels dirt, and it stays put without flaking off.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 4:10:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I have also used the Testors model white paint to fill in the front dot on my 45s. It stands up to Hoppes and other solvents fairly well....ECS
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 4:14:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How'se about Tritium ya cheap phuk

Cuz tritium don't help during daylight ya bad speller.

I'm wanting to paint it WHITE because the front dot is unacceptably small, and when I've been doing some practice / self-training, I noticed extra fractions of a second ticking away while I'm trying to pick up the front sight blade, and therefore proper sight alignment.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Paint it with a flat white paint, then paint over that with a flourescent orange. You won't believe how well the front sight will stand out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top