Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2002 9:44:36 PM EDT
I was thinking of selling one of my AKs.
What would be a fair price?

Romanian SAR-1 w/Custom stocks from www.nouglyguns.com
Only 260 rounds fired. Includes:

Original wood stock set & plastic grip
2nd Receiver cover w/Integrated Weaver type mount rail
BSA 30mm Red Dot
Sling
2 buttstock cleaning kits (not pictured)

Mags:
1 5 round
4 30 round
1 40 round

Link Posted: 5/5/2002 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#1]
My opinion would be about $350. Prices vary from region to region, of course.

The extra stock adds nothing to the value of the gun nor do the cleaning kits & sling, in the retail world of firearms. The red dot may add $20, if that. As for # of rds fired, it also means nothing as a gun is either ANIB or used (fired). One rd or a thousand means the same thing to a dealer, same thing to a buyer.

Personally I would keep the mags & trade them at a gunshow for mags for a gun you're keeping.

My .o2
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 11:19:14 PM EDT
[#2]
$350 sounds about right with your extra mags and accessories, SAR-1's are about the cheapest AK's you can buy, I paid $280 for mine new, dont get me wrong, I love mine, my advice is, thats not much money, just keep the damn thing. you cant have too many guns.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 3:50:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll give you $5 bucks for it.

the_reject
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#4]
$350.00

I think it is less. I won't say what cuz it comes down to what an individual willing to pay for it.

Few things:

Is the trigger stock? If not, did you do the slap fix? Does it have slap - if so do the fix before you go to market.

The extra reciever with a dot - dot is little or no value. And the fact that the dot is mounted on something comes off the gun seems funky - ie - a cheap dot and a poor mount = no value. You may want to separate those. Gun show.

Extra stocks - no value. Gun show.

I would sell it with sling cleaning kit, 1 high cap mag, the short mag, and the custom stocks.

Take the remaining stuff to a gun show or Ebay.

You will probably do better in the end.

Unless you find someone.

Good luck.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top